Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: None
Varies, Will work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
A sworn police officer who will assist in providing a safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Southern Nazarene University. Provide proactive law enforcement services for unlawful activities on SNU’s main campus or off-campus locations. Provide knowledge and experience from a law enforcement standpoint in collaboration with other university departments.
- Enforce applicable state, local, federal laws and campus policies.
- Conduct foot and mobile patrols of the campus, facilities and vicinity.
- Work special events on campus when a law enforcement presence is needed.
- Enforce parking and other university regulations; Respond to reports of criminal activity and accidents; write reports.
- Conduct field interviews.
- Write citations for traffic violations on city streets.
- Administers field training program and trains new and tenured employees.
- Attend departmental training, as requested or required.
- Maintain accurate activity log; write & submit comprehensive reports.
- Provide emergency assistance during natural emergencies, fires, accidents, and personal injuries.
- Orally communicate campus regulations, rules and policies to members of the campus community and others on campus.
- Coordinate, with dispatchers and other officers, field activity via hand-held radio, and to receive information from such sources via hand-held radio.
- Provide transport and escort services to university officials and visiting dignitaries.
- Motorist Assist with lost key entries, jump starts and flat tires.
- Provide dispatch or departmental support services, as requested.
- Work collaboratively with other officers, staff, supervisors, and guests.
- Meet and maintain all standards and requirements for physical agility, strength and conditioning, and firearms, as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Remain proficient with all training relating to the carry and use of firearms.
- Coordinate and provide support for parking and crowd management at major events on campus or off campus facilities.
- Assist law enforcement agencies with support and proper information in a timely manner regarding calls received and violation of laws on campus.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity.
- (2) years prior law enforcement experience.
- Current Full-time or Reserve CLEET Certification in good standing.
- Prior experience as an FTO and or CLEET Certified Instructor highly desirable.
- Personal health and fitness level that will allow for significant time periods of walking, standing, running, and/or stair climbing, lifting or moving moderately. weighted items, and possible physical contact with other individuals as it would relate to security or law enforcement duties.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good written or oral communication abilities as they pertain interpersonal relationships as well as providing directives to others, incident and crime reporting, etc.
- Proficiency with technology that could be related to email, word processing, utilizing video surveillance systems, processing parking violations and citations, etc.
- Must pass background investigation to include contact with previous law enforcement agencies, fingerprint check, and other criminal justice systems.
- Post offer must be deemed suitable for law enforcement service through the use of a law enforcement psychological examination.
- Receives supervision and work assignments from Director of Public Safety/ Chief of Police and or Assistant Director of Public Safety.
- Twenty-four hours a day, Seven days a week.
- Primarily working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays.
Apply Online for this position at https://snu.edu/employment/