Learning Commons AssistantPosting Number:
Starting at $17.23/hrPosition Type:
Support StaffKey Responsibilities :
Juniata College invites applicants for the full-time position of Learning Commons Assistant. The Learning Commons Assistant efficiently manages the day-to-day operations of the Statton Learning Commons with an emphasis on ensuring a quality service for learning commons partners and patrons. Position Qualifications:
- Regulates access to the Statton Learning Commons, ensures the building is secure and that departmental opening and closing routines are followed.
- Plans, organizes, maintains and manages the processes and operations of circulation, interlibrary loan, equipment checkout, course reserves, and facilities use and maintenance.
- Maintains supplies for Statton Learning Commons staff.
- Performs essential bookkeeping functions for purchasing and communication with vendors to ensure ethical use of operating and restricted/endowed budgets.
- Processes requests from librarians that support collection acquisitions, maintenance, withdrawal, record updates, and other projects.
- Collaborates with other departments to provide information on available resources, programs and/or services available at the Learning Commons.
- Collaborates on event coordination, including room reservations and catering needs.
- Monitor library systems and library- email accounts throughout the day; promptly complete associated tasks or appropriately refer inquiries to other individuals or departments.
- Uses internal web forms, resource sharing management systems, integrated library systems, shared cloud storage, and specialized equipment to process requests from patrons and other libraries.
- Utilize usage statistics and user feedback to evaluate the effectiveness and usage patterns of electronic resources, informing decision-making on renewals, subscriptions, and cancellations.
- Develops, recommends and administers policies, procedures and processes in support of service desk operations in collaboration with the Statton Learning Commons team.
- Provides basic library, learning commons, and College information and appropriately refers patrons to research librarians; interprets and enforces library policies in both routine and difficult situations, and refers patrons to other library staff when necessary.
- Participates in long-range planning for the Statton Learning Commons
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.AA/EOE
• Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma is required.Supervision Required/Given:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a professional office setting, with strong skills in customer service, project planning and management, PC-based office software (including advanced Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
• Budget planning and tracking, effective handling of confidential information and an ability to handle multiple tasks in support of multiple staff in a timely and professional manner are also important.
• Ability to take initiative, work both independently and collaboratively, handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills.
• Friendly demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact in an empathetic and positive manner.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge to improve procedures and processes.
The Learning Commons Assistant reports directly to theOpen Date:
Director of the Statton Learning Commons.
07/07/2023Open Until Filled: