Saybrook University is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body and is recruiting passionate scholar-practitioners to support the university mission.
The Department of Research seeks to hire a Post-Doctoral Teaching & Research Fellow to teach master’s and/or doctoral research courses. The Fellow will also work on collaborative funded research proposals and/or projects with the Research faculty. The selected individual will report directly to the department chair and work closely with core faculty members, adjunct faculty, teaching and project assistants, and students.
The Department of Research Post-Doctoral Teaching & Research Fellowship is a part-time, one-year assignment. The Fellow will be expected to teach courses within their scope of expertise, with six to 16 students per class. Course assignments per semester may be modified based on course enrollment. The Fellow will also commit at least 10 hours per month to identifying funded research opportunities and writing proposals and/or projects.
Under the direction of the Department Chair, the Post-Doctoral Teaching & Research Fellow is responsible for modeling instructional excellence in teaching and research activities. Ideal candidates have expertise in research design and methods, IRB practices, and research funding. They also understand diverse student learners and the humanistic culture embedded within Saybrook University.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching courses as assigned in alignment with departmental processes and instructional design.
- Contributing to developing research initiatives, identifying funded research opportunities and writing proposals and/or projects.
- Regular and timely communication with the Department Chair.
- Delivering high-quality asynchronous online research courses that foster critical thinking, experiential learning, and academic writing.
- Using student-centered pedagogy that fosters critical thinking, consideration of multiple perspectives, and adherence to ethical standards and practices for research with humans.
- Completion of CITI Training for Saybrook Researchers Participating in virtual or residential/educational conferences to present workshops and/or research (if assigned).
- Attending required faculty training (e.g., Canvas, IRB, HR) and departmental, college, and university meetings.
- Maintaining effective professional and community involvement and/or affiliations.
- Engaging in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives in research and higher education.
- Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching.
- Experience with Office 365 and Learning Management Systems (Canvas experience preferred).
- Expertise in scholarly writing, including APA style and formatting and use of track changes.
- Experience with and interest in curriculum development and pedagogy.
- Experience with and interest in publishing research.
- Experience with and interest in sponsored research and grant writing.
- Compensation is based on the adjunct faculty pay scale for online instruction and participation in university learning experiences.
- A stipend is included for the assigned sponsored research proposal and project work.
- The Fellow is invited to participate in Department of Research University Learning Experiences, including the Virtual Learning Experience.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 50 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.Compensation & Benefits
Three credit courses are budgeted at $2,000-4,000 per course, dependent upon student enrollment. Two credit courses are budgeted at $1,334-2,668 per course, dependent upon student enrollment. Under-enrolled courses may fall below these ranges. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.https://www.saybrook.edu/about/careers/
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.