Instructional Specialist I: Adult Learning Evaluation Center (ALEC) Clinical Director (Psychological and Counseling Services Specialization) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems in the College of Education at Florida State University.
ALEC is a university training clinic providing psychoeducational evaluations and mental health counseling. Evaluation services focus on the diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), specific learning disorders, autism spectrum disorders, and other issues hindering college success. The Center also provides mental health counseling and ADHD coaching services to college students and community members. Clients are college students, adolescents (16 years or older), and adults in the Tallahassee community. The Center is open year-round. As the main clinic administrator, the Clinical Director:
- oversees the hiring, training, and supervising of a team of 10-20 graduate students, OPS employees, practicum students, and outside consultants.
- coordinates clinic workflow, including conducting client intakes for assessments and assigning these cases to staff.
- provides clinical supervision for evaluation cases and associated case documentation.
- oversees the training and workflow of ALEC reception staff.
- coordinates with the mental health practicum faculty in providing counseling services.
- takes the lead on budget planning, scheduling, marketing, supply management, technology management, the creation/maintenance of clinic forms and manuals, and compliance with laws and policies for the clinic.
- Serves as the main point of contact for ALEC’s campus partners (e.g., Office of Accessibility Services, Center for Academic Retention and Enhancement, Student-Athlete Academic Services, University Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services Center).
As faculty in the Combined Ph.D. program, the ALEC Director also:
- teaches one course per semester, typically a 4-credit hour practicum. This involves a 2-hour per week didactic class, oversight of clinical sessions throughout the week, and hierarchical supervision of peer supervisors.
- attends faculty meetings.
- participates in program admissions.
- serves on program and departmental committees.
- provides mentorship to graduate students, including professional development, letters of recommendation, and assistance with internship application.
- supports the research conducted with our clinical population, primarily organized and carried out by the research team of the ALEC Executive Director. They may also collaborate with other research teams on-campus or at other institutions. The ALEC Director may also collaborate on contracts and grant development to support the clinic.
Qualified applicants will have a Ph.D. or PsyD in counseling, school, or clinical psychology from an APA-accredited program and be licensed (or license-eligible within six months) in psychology within the state of Florida. The Director must be able to perform direct clinical services as needed (e.g., test administration, conducting testing feedback, ADHD coaching, client consultation, clinical supervision, and mental health counseling) for training purposes. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills and background in psychological assessment, the provision of psychoeducational services, knowledge of ADA and disability services, a passion for professional mentorship and teaching, and an interest in working with a diverse college student population and collaboration with colleagues and professionals in the field.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in clinical supervision, assessment, and clinic management. Strong professional communication, multitasking, and customer service skills are recommended.
The Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems in the College of Education at Florida State University seeks a Clinical Director for the Adult Learning Evaluation Center (ALEC). The Florida State University (FSU) ALEC Director position is a specialized faculty role within the Educational Psychology and Learning Systems Department in the FSU College of Education. The main roles for this position are serving as the Clinical Director overseeing the daily operations of ALEC, as well as serving as an Instructional Specialist (core faculty) for the APA-accredited Combined Ph.D. Program in Counseling Psychology & School Psychology. The department also has a school counseling program, as well as CACREP-approved programs in Mental Health Counseling and Career Counseling. Information about our highly acclaimed graduate programs
This is a twelve-month, non-tenure earning position at the rank of Instructional Specialist I. This position has an assignment of responsibilities (AOR) of approximately 75% service, 20% teaching, and no more than 5% research. A demonstration of teaching effectiveness will be required as part of the interview. The anticipated start date for this position is August 2023.
Deborah Ebener, Ph.D., Professor & and Director of Clinical Training, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
This is a Faculty position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.