Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Part Time (Casual)Position Number:
CA1025Pay Grade Level:
Competitive based on qualifications. Expected salary range will be discussed with candidates selected for screening interviews.Department:
S 121301055Full or Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Months:
Work schedule includes both regular office hours and regular night andBasic Function:
weekend hours and some holidays. Exempt salaried position.
Assist the head coach with the organization and development of all aspects of a NCAA Division III strength and conditioning program. Perform additional coaching or administrative assignments as required.Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director of Sports Performance with the daily operation of and NCAA Division III strength and conditioning program.
- Be able to effectively design and implement strength and conditioning programs for multiple sports with differing physiological needs/concerns.
- Communicate effectively with sport coaches as to their thoughts/concerns about their team and/or individual athletes.
- Teach weight lifting and conditioning techniques and safety and maintenance of the weight room.
- Lead weight room sessions and conditioning drills for assigned intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Develop and maintain a scientifically backed training philosophy, paying close attention to the reasons for said program.
- Provide skill training outside of regular practice sessions with individual student-athletes.
- Perform specific duties for the Director of Sports Performance if needed in his/her absence.
- Abide by University, NCAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Participate actively in the university community. Serve on appropriate university and department committees.
- Be able to effectively communicate and guide student interns in a weight room setting.
- Attend biweekly professional development meetings conducted by the strength staff.
- Communicate frequently with the athletic training staff as to injury concerns/modifications for athletes.
- Support assigned team during their athletic contests.
Perform other duties as required.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in program design with the ability to work with multiple sports.At least 2 years of experience in either a collegiate or professional weight room setting.Must currently hold a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or College Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) certification. Selected candidate will be required to maintain such certification.Must be able to frequently work night and weekends.
Must have a current, valid driver’s license and must be insurable under Denison’s liability insurance policy.
Masters degree in exercise science or related field.Strength and conditioning experience in a NCAA Division III setting.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency with standard office and productivity software.
- Exhibit energy, enthusiasm, motivation, and the desire to work with undergraduate students.
- Good problem solving, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and/or experience in a residential, liberal arts college environment.
Candidate will be required to be able to coach in a high intensity weight room environment.Contact(s):
Ability to work extended hours associated with athletic events.
Ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment.
Beau ScottContact Phone/Extension:
07/08/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide as attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Copy of educational degree(s) is required for the hired candidate.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at https://denison.edu/campus/denison-forward.
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.