Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Golf Club Groundskeeper- PTPosition Number:
M00105Pay Grade Level:
$17.00 per hourDepartment:
Golf ClubPosting Number:
S 121300886Full or Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Months:
Early mornings are required -beginning at 6:30 AMBasic Function:
Perform duties associated with ground management and maintenance. Use small and large equipment, including tractors, mowers, trimmers and other maintenance equipment.Essential Job Functions:
• Mow fairways and roughs with gang units and rotary units.Minimum Qualifications:
• Maintain the grounds by using various hand tools such as rakes, shovels, edgers and hand trimmers.
• Perform leaf pick-up, branch and debris pick-up and basic tree trimming.
• Edge bunkers and placing sand in traps.
• Prepare the Golf Course for the close of the season and the upcoming winter.
• Apply fertilizer and other chemicals as needed to the grounds and the overall course.
• Ensure that the equipment cooling systems are always working, refill fuel and oil
daily, clean equipment daily; and report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
• Provide basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment
manager or assistant superintendent.
• Perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent.Preferred Qualifications:
• Must be able to receive written and oral instructions
• Lift up to 75 pounds.
• Must be physically able to work in extreme temperatures and undesirable weather conditions.
• Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s license and be insurable through the University.
• Post high school study in landscaping, horticulture, turf management, botany or other related field.Physical Demands:
• Two years of grounds keeping experience.
• Working knowledge in the use of herbicides and pesticides and irrigation systems. Experience in recycling and composting.
Able to lift 75 lbs as needed. Able to work outside in all elements.Contact(s):
Scott WiemersContact Email:
02/21/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This is a Part-Time application. Full-Time positions are also available. If interested in a Full-Time opportunity, please apply to the job posting for Full-Time Golf Groundskeeper.Additional Information:
Golf Club employees can Golf for free during non scheduled work hours!Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (740)587-6299 or by email at HR@denison.edu.