Network AdministratorPosting Number:
Starting at $64,000Position Type:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Network Administrator is responsible for providing and maintaining reliable campus voice and data networks, communication hardware, and software solutions. This position is the point person for performing campus network installations, upgrades, and configuration changes. This position often works with campus constituents to provide customer service and technical expertise to address voice and data network issues. The Network Administrator also works with service providers to install new services and troubleshoot issues with existing services. Position Qualifications:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES• Monitor, troubleshoot, and address performance, configuration, and security related issues with campus networks, voice systems, Internet connections, remote access, backup power, and associated devices.
• Test and evaluate new solutions related to all foundational data and voice communication systems.
• Plan, install, and manage wiring infrastructure supporting campus telecommunications.
• Assist with disaster recovery planning and deployment for network and communication resources.
• As a member of the IT Security Team, contribute to the assessment and improvement of the overall security posture of voice and data networks using best practices and industry standards.
• Create technical documentation and provide related user training.
• Perform repair services in emergency situations as needed.
• Plan and develop policies, procedures, and solutions to provide a secure computing environment, including voice and data network upgrades and changes based on applicable and modern technology.
• Play an active role in the development of long-term strategic goals and operating plans to guide network operations and new strategies.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
•Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervision Required/Given:
•At least two years of data and voice network experience sufficient to demonstrate:
*the ability to scope out, recommend, install, configure and maintain data and voice infrastructure and technologies in an enterprise or campus environment,
*competency and capability with routing, switching, and associated communication protocols,
*knowledge of standards associated with the installation and support of copper, fiber, and wireless technologies,
*exceptional network monitoring and troubleshooting skills related to network performance, including availability, utilization, and throughput.
*knowledge of voice-related server applications, Windows Servers, and/or UNIX operating systems,
•Demonstrated knowledge and application of technology security standards, backup operations, disaster recovery concepts, and other best practices.
•Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
•Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
•Demonstrated ability to develop new skills and stay current on relevant technologies.
•Must be able to respond to system outages during off-hours.
This position is supervised by the Director of Campus Network and Security under general guidelines and direction. This individual must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with others.Preferred Qualifications:
See position qualifications.Physical Demands:
• After hours and on-call support is required for emergencies and planned maintenance intervals.Special Instructions to Applicants:
• The position requires a variety of physical activities including using ladders, accessing and installing wiring above ceilings/below flooring and in crawl spaces, moving equipment from building to building, and troubleshooting issues that extend outside of building walls.
• The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects up to 40 pounds.
• Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.Open Date:
• Must agree to and pass a background check.
07/03/2023Open Until Filled: