Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) seeks applicants for a full-time, 12 month Academic Affairs Budget Director in the Office of the Provost. The Academic Affairs Budget Director will lead the development of and provide responsibility for fiscal budgeting and planning functions within Academic Affairs as well as advising the Provost. Responsibilities will include preparation, analysis, review and reporting of Academic Affairs budgets for all funds, preparing complex analysis and providing timely, reliable and accurate data to the Provost to assist in decision-making. Under supervision of the Provost, the Director will advise senior management on fiscal impacts in the Academic Affairs division and will manage academic tracking and forecasting, commitments and expenditures and identify potential improvements of the academic budget administration. The Director will serve as the academic affairs liaison with the University Budget Office and provide budget training and guidance to the colleges and departments. Other responsibilities of this position will include assisting with the ATS system and communicating with departments regarding position budgets. The Director may also supervise Office Managers within the academic units. This position requires integrity and confidentiality as the Director will have access to sensitive data. Additionally, the position requires strong analytical skills, accuracy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to make thoughtful, independent decisions for routine and non-routine decision-making. The ability to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and have strong organizational skills are required.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Business Management, Accounting or other closely related field and relevant experience in budgeting, analysis or production
- Proficient user of computer applications and software programs including Excel, Access, Word and Adobe
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills & detail orientation
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Four (4) or more years experience working in budgeting, analysis or production
- Experience working in higher education or equivalent environment
- Experience supervising full-time staff
- Experience with Banner
- Experience with various reporting tools
- Advanced user of Excel or Access
- Experience working with analytical analyses tools
- Experience developing process & policy
- Experience in business case analysis
- Experience facilitating trainings
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on July 17, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5958
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
- A resume/curriculum vitae
- Professional References
- List Other Document
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits