Provide general clerical support in a laboratory setting with minimal involvement in laboratory experiments and demonstrations.
Check out materials, tapes, instructional booklets, and other lab resources; maintain usage records and monitor material returned. Provide clerical assistance to faculty and staff assigned to laboratory or discipline to include reproducing and assembling handouts, syllabi, and other educational aids; answer phones and greet visitors. Maintain lab attendance records. Assist instructor or senior lab personnel in preparing lab experiments and demonstrations; under supervision, may mix and handle chemicals and biohazards. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications:Special Conditions:
1. One (1) year of college or equivalent and one (1) year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. NOTE: A copy of the transcript reflecting this required education MUST be submitted for consideration and reflect completed coursework and degrees conferred. The candidate must be fully qualified for the position at the time of application.2. Experience providing effective customer service.3. Effective telephone etiquette skills.4. Proficient computer skills to include internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
5. Experience assisting students in a lab setting.6. Experience operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining lab equipment.7. Experience developing and maintaining inventory records.8. Effective communication skills (both oral and written).9. Ability to handle confidential information.11. Ability to multi-task.
1. The El Paso Community College is building a pool of Applicants for part-time staff positions. This pool will be accessed when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for approximately one (1) year from July 2023 to June 2024. After this time, you will need to re-apply if you are still interested in remaining a part of the pool.
2. This is a security-sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code, Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal background check, as permitted and/or required by applicable law, and in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
3. Job may require irregular working hours including evenings and weekends.4. Work hours will vary.
Individuals desiring consideration MUST complete and submit an EPCC Application for Employment on-line by the announced deadline. COPIES OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE uploaded with the application. CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO UPLOAD THEIR TRANSCRIPTS WITH EACH SUBMITTED APPLICATION; TRANSCRIPTS IN PERSONNEL FILES CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY EVALUATORS FOR THIS PURPOSE. Only documents stating 'Transcript' or 'Unofficial Transcript' will be accepted. Other documents (Degree Audit, Degree Summary, Program Summary, etc.), uploaded in lieu of transcripts will not be accepted. If you are unable to attach your transcripts to your application, please mail your transcripts to El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents MUST include the position title and posting number for this position vacancy.A letter of application, resume, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents are optional but highly encouraged and may be submitted on-line with the application form or forwarded to the Human Resources Department at El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents must be received by the application deadline. Documents received after the application deadline will not be accepted. Copies of transcripts must reflect completed coursework and conferred degrees. All academic coursework and degrees must be from an accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation). Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited coursework. Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation will not be considered. In accordance with federal law and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate must furnish documentation verifying employment authorization eligibility and identity before being employed. The El Paso County Community College district is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Physical Requirements:While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.