Under direct supervision, provide basic clerical and routine support services. Essential Functions
Perform basic administrative support duties to include typing routine correspondence. Greet visitors, answer, screen, and route telephone calls. Route and prepare incoming and outgoing mail including faxes.
Conduct basic research, compile and type routine statistical reports. Receive and process appeals.
File correspondence and other records. Assist in ordering and maintaining supplies. Arrange for equipment maintenance.
Assist in arranging meetings or workshops, reserving and preparing facilities.
Perform other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and no experience required (candidate will receive on-the-job training).
2. Experience providing effective customer service.
3. Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
4. Effective communication and organizational skills.
5. Experience using a variety of word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
1. This is a security-sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code, Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal background check, as permitted and/or required by applicable law, and in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
2. The El Paso Community College is building a pool of Applicants for part-time staff positions. This pool will be accessed when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for approximately one (1) year from July 2023 to June 2024. After this time, you will need to re-apply if you are still interested in remaining a part of the pool.
Individuals desiring consideration MUST complete and submit an EPCC Application for Employment on-line by the announced deadline.
COPIES OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE uploaded with the application. CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO UPLOAD THEIR TRANSCRIPTS WITH EACH SUBMITTED APPLICATION; TRANSCRIPTS IN PERSONNEL FILES CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY EVALUATORS FOR THIS PURPOSE. Only documents stating 'Transcript' or 'Unofficial Transcript' will be accepted. Other documents (Degree Audit, Degree Summary, Program Summary, etc.), uploaded in lieu of transcripts will not be accepted.
If you are unable to attach your transcripts to your application, please mail your transcripts to El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents MUST include the position title and posting number for this position vacancy.
A letter of application, resume, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents are optional but highly encouraged and may be submitted on-line with the application form or forwarded to the Human Resources Department at El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents must be received by the application deadline. Documents received after the application deadline will not be accepted.
Copies of transcripts must reflect completed coursework and conferred degrees. All academic coursework and degrees must be from an accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited coursework.
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation will not be considered.
In accordance with federal law and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate must furnish documentation verifying employment authorization eligibility and identity before being employed.
The El Paso County Community College district is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.