Assistant Professor in Electrical EngineeringJob Posting Number:
Ingram School of EngineeringPosition Description:
The Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University invites applications for a tenure-track Electrical Engineering Faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank. Texas State University seeks an individual to augment its faculty expertise while solidifying and complementing the core curriculum. Specifically, candidates with expertise in computer engineering with a focus on cyber-physical systems, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Machine/Deep Learning, Data Analysis, Robotics, and Augmented and Virtual Reality. Other expertise, such as Embedded Systems, ASIC, SoC and FPGA System Design, Microprocessors, Sensors and Systems, Computer Architecture, Networking, and Control Systems, is preferred.Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of externally funded collaborative research, strongly commit to student-centered teaching and mentoring, teach general electrical and computer engineering courses, and perform university and professional service. The position is subject to the availability of funds.
- An earned doctorate in electrical and/or computer engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Potential to establish an externally-funded, nationally recognized research program.
- An ability to teach courses in electrical and computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more technologies: Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Machine/Deep Learning, Data Analysis, Robotics, and Augmented Reality.
- An ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs.
- Industrial or post-doctoral experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Embedded Systems, ASIC, SoC and FPGA System Design, Microprocessors, Sensors and Systems, Computer Architecture, Networking, and Control Systems.
- An ability to effectively mentor EE undergraduate and graduate students.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/43042.
To assure full consideration, please submit the following by August 21, 2023:1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
- List of professional and post-doctoral employments
- List of published peer-reviewed articles
- List of authored, funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency
- List of courses taught, if any, as the Instructor of Record
- Other information as appropriate
3) Statements of research interests
4) Statements of teaching interests
5) Unofficial transcripts
6) List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start Date:
Spring 2024Posting Date:
06/23/2023Full Consideration Date::
08/21/2023Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Reasonable Accommodation:
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Talent Acquisition.Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: