Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Facilities/Maintenance/TradesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $55,000 Annual, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
- 40 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability: No
- Hybrid Work Availability: No
To complete journeyman electrician tasks as assigned by the Electrical Shop supervisor for the University of North Dakota. Duties & Responsibilities
All Facilities Management positions are subject to callbacks seven day a week, 24 hours a day. Weekend work as required.
- Installation and Construction of all Electrical
- Installs electrical systems using the proper materials and procedures.
- Installs conduit and other raceway systems.
- Installation of all building wiring from building plans, blueprints or wiring diagrams and lighting systems and controls.
- Works with medium voltage equipment to include transformers, switches, and wire throughout the campus electrical distribution system.
- Electrical Maintenance of Campus Buildings
- Repair and install light fixtures, both inside and outside of buildings.
- Repair of wiring to a wide range of motors and pumps.
- Repair and installation of motor controllers.
- Repair of outside outlets and associated wiring.
- Assist with preventative maintenance tasks to include but not limited to: Infrared of campus building electrical distribution systems such as switchgear, transformers, electrical motors, VFD’s and panelboards with voltages of 120/208v – 277/480v.
- Perform routine inspections of building electrical systems
- Assist with preventative maintenance of the campus medium voltage electrical distribution system as directed by electrical shop supervisor
- Identify electrical faults or hazards
- Troubleshoot system failures
- Documentation and Clerical Duties
- Directs work assignments, receives, and relays instruction.
- Prepares required paperwork, such as work cards leave slips, etc. accurately and legibly.
- Keeps current with changes in codes, permits and technology in the electrical trade.
- Complete and turn in as-built drawings for any additions/demo of campus buildings via projects and maintenance.
- Ability to interact and communicate with students, faculty, staff, and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce. Must be able to communicate effectively and follow directives.
- Ability to comprehend and follow directives.
- Requires sound decision-making skills.
- One years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician
- Journeyman Electricians License Valid in ND
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician
- Familiar with UND Campus and Buildings
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook