Director Testing Center Location:
Albany State Rec. Location Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.
This position is responsible for overseeing all duties related to test administration and the management and operations of the ASU Testing Centers on both the East and the West Campus Centers. The Testing Center Director reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the testing centers; schedules staff work hours.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff. Reviews that work is accomplished correctly and that testing protocol is being followed.
- Approves staff work hours and time off.
- Schedules tests and oversees the testing calendar.
- Communicates with test companies concerning technical issues or irregularities.
- Communicates with IT staff to resolve technical problems, to install upgrades and new equipment.
- Oversees the ordering and payment of test codes, test keys, test units, and testing center supplies as needed.
- Oversees the Testing Center expenditures and receipts.
- Keeps the VP of Enrollment Management up to date on testing center goals and concerns.
- Provide support for Open House for prospective students, New Student Orientation, and placement testing for ASU applicants.
- Prepares handouts, brochures, and forms.
- Maintains the testing center Information on the ASU website is accurate and links are working.
- Communicates with ASU faculty on scheduling of exams, passwords, and resources.
- Enters placement test scores and Entrance and Exit Exam scores in SOATEST.
- Assist in all phases of maintaining the testing center office, communicating with students and the community, and proctoring exams as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information.
- Meet the certification requirements as required by test vendors.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
1 year of experience supervising staff and a department
3 to 5 years experience in Assessment / Testing Services
Salary range is from $37,000 to $50,000
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain test security
Ability to effectively lead testing staff
Ability in problem solving
Knowledge of computer-based testing
Knowledge of testing protocols for test vendors
Knowledge of ASU admission requirements and proctored course testing
Skilled in written and verbal communication
Skilled in planning and organization
Skilled in decision making
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by email at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources at (229) 500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 229-500-3442.