Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
In the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, the University of Cincinnati is classified as R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity. The College of Medicine is a top 50 Medical School for Research. The 2020 Nature index of Life Science for the University of Cincinnati is ranked as top 100 out of ~3800 Institutes worldwide.
Dr. Yujie Sun at Department of Chemistry currently has one postdoctoral position available. More information about our research can be found at https://www.yujiesun.org/. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.Essential Functions
- The main research project is to develop novel photocatalysts for organic transformations. We have various spectroscopic instruments available for the organic photocatalysis studies.
- Particular emphasis is on the synthesis of organic and organometallic complexes with activity in the near infrared region.
Ph.D. in Chemistry or related fields.Required Education
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent.Required Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
Previous experiences in organic and organometallic synthesis and photocatalysis studies.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - ContinuouslyApplication Process
Please send your CV to Dr. Yujie Sun (email@example.com). Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE