Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: None
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST
The financial services account coordinator evaluates financial needs of students from a variety of sources including documentation of financial status and personal interviews and counsels students regarding financial aid eligibility according to government and institutional regulations and guidelines. Likewise, the account coordinator keeps students and families accountable to the payment arrangements they have made with the university.
- Counsels and advises students regarding the following aspects of financial aid, individualizing information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Keeps students and families accountable to the payment arrangements they have made with the university.
- Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and make awards within federal, state, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided by the student; exercises judgment by making adjustment or revisions to costs, contribution, need or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process.
- Assists in the preparation of and presents information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students and parents at various meetings.
- Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
- Interfaces with students and lenders, employers, donors, guarantee agencies and/or staff to resolve issues.
- Connect and provide timely follow-up with students, families, and colleagues.
- Maintain regular office hours, unless otherwise arranged with the area supervisor.
- Meet all awarding goals laid out by the supervisor
- Speaking in public to large and small groups
- Ability to cross train and learn both Traditional & PGS (Professional & Graduate Studies) financial aid and be used where needed depending on office needs at the time.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Ability to have fun and be a team player
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills including a pleasing telephone presence
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast pace work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- A working knowledge of related computer technology
- Organizational skills
- Financial aid awarding experience
- Accounts receivable experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher Education experience
- Experience with Laserfiche document imaging software
- Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague ERP software
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays.