MR10: Starting Rate depending on education level and experience.
The position is responsible for developing and maintaining the enterprise GIS program supporting the department's long-term geospatial strategy, along with the short-term goals of improving the university's operations with modern geospatial solutions. They will update and maintain various GIS layers and databases for spatial data, generate maps, and web-map applications to support the various projects within Facilities Services. They will assist in the field verification of physical assets on campus using GPS. They will coordinate and manage enterprise GIS projects to improve cross-departmental coordination, and user access to critical information, and decision level at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage GIS projects through all phases of design, build, and deployment of solutions for a variety of business needs such as field mobility, dashboards, and applications for decision making. Perform complex GIS data creation, maintenance, manipulation, and analysis of necessary data elements of FM databases.
- Support efforts to improve the use of 3D and BIM models and floorplans in the GIS environment for indoor mapping and asset management. Utilizes AutoCAD and ArcGIS to transfer data between both software packages and generate field data (maps and drawings) of campus-wide facilities, grounds, and infrastructure
- Prepare, plan, produce, maintain, and update a variety of maps, drawings, web-map applications, displaying layers, and attribute data using GIS tools for Facilities Services and other departments across the university. Maintain the university's main campus interactive map.
-Provide GIS-related technical guidance and assistance to project teams. Implement new GIS applications as technology changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field and 3 years of professional experience in the development, deployment, application, use of spatial information systems, associated software and services.
-Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced GIS knowledge and proficiency with Esri ArcGIS product suite: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGISServer/Enterprise; Web GIS system (ArcGIS Portal/Online) and GIS database maintenance and administration; standard and advanced spatial analysis tasks and geoprocessing tools. Experience deploying ArcGIS applications such as Dashboards, Field Maps, Survey123, and Web AppBuilder.
- Operating Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) hardware and software to produce 2D and 3D geospatial data products
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and computer systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze, manage data, and ensure proper QA/QC protocols.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and to lead project tasks
- Skilled at working across multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent organization and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and work independently with minimum supervision, and take initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work within groups and multi-task effectivelyJob:
Other ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Jun 29, 2023, 3:03:10 PM