Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
Parker Executive Search is assisting the University of Cincinnati in this search. For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be received by September 15th, 2023. Application materials should be submitted using Parker's Candidate Portal. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSTING. YOU MUST APPLY THROUGH PARKER EXECUTIVE SEARCH'S CANDIDATE PORTAL.Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati (UC) seeks an innovative and team-oriented individual to become the next Vice-Provost for UC Online. The position will implement new strategies for, and continue to grow and transform, our online education programming to adapt to a rapidly changing market. The position will report to the Executive Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Provost and will work collaboratively across the campus with the university’s colleges, the academic support units, and their leadership and faculty teams. Essential Functions
The University of Cincinnati currently offers 115 degrees and certificates offered online. During the Fall 2022 term, 7700 students were enrolled in degrees and programs that are completed 100% online, while an additional 2,550 students enrolled in face-to-face programs also enrolled in online courses.
The position is expected to manage the current portfolio of degrees, certificates, and other online credentials; analyze areas of academic and geographical expansion via a data-driven approach to analytics and marketing; and lead the online learning environment nationally in applying innovative and inclusive pedagogical practices in collaboration with key stakeholders in colleges and around campus. We expect the person selected to take responsibility for overseeing student recruitment, as well as enrollment and program growth in the online environment, in line with the university’s strategic growth. Moreover, the Vice-Provost for UC Online will provide leadership across the university to develop a comprehensive service delivery philosophy, through multiple accessible modalities that ensures the delivery of the Bearcat student experience for fully online students according to best pedagogical, teaching and learning practices currently being used across all media and delivery formats.
The Vice Provost for UC Online serves as a member of the academic affairs leadership team under the supervision of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The Vice Provost will supervise a team of individuals responsible for: budget, marketing, instructional design, web design and maintenance for UC Online. The Vice Provost will work with the Vice Provost of Enrollment Management, the Dean of the Graduate College, and the Chief Marketing Officer to ensure a strategically integrated and collaborative recruitment funnel The Vice Provost will also work in partnership with the Chief Digital Officer and with the Dean of Cooperative Education and Professional Studies to ensure that UC Online has the appropriate technological support to offer a variety of programs to traditional, non-traditional, and adult learners entering the online environment.
The success of this ambitious and highly visible portfolio will require a leader with vision, outstanding relationship-building skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for candidates that come from an academic background or have experience in academic online support in the private sector. The successful candidate will have a) demonstrated success supporting online learning within a shared governance academic environment, b) experience working collaboratively across a diverse organization, c) direct experience and success with online programs at the graduate and undergraduate level, and e) a sophisticated understanding of how to ensure that our online offerings are excellent and competitive in the marketplace.
* Collaborates with multiple constituencies to develop and implement plans to advance online programming consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic priorities of the University.Minimum Requirements
* Ensures that appropriate policies, personnel, systems, and resources are in place to support UC Online.
* Ensures alignment of integrated technologies needed to deliver online, face-to-face, and blended instruction. These technologies must interface seamlessly with enterprise systems and fully leverage the technology resources provided by the University.
* Works with constituencies throughout the university to ensure high-quality services to support student success in online programs.
* Collaborates with Central Marketing and the Communications team, Enrollment Management, and Deans to develop and implement integrated marketing and enrollment strategies that identify and market appropriately online and new branch campus programs.
* Works with the deans of the schools and colleges to maximize revenues and efficiencies generated by the university's program, certificate, and course offerings.
* Collaborates with faculty to enhance the quality of online offerings through the adoption of best practices and emerging technologies.
* Provides guidance and direction regarding compliance with accreditation standards and industry regulations related to quality assurance for online programs.
* Collaborates with accessibility personnel in Digital Technology Solutions, Communications, Academic Affairs and Student Affairs to ensure full and equal access to online programs and services in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 508 standards, and the university’s EIT Policy
* Participates in relevant university policy and planning committees and meetings.
* Builds relationships with key community and corporate constituencies in each regional campus area.
* Executes all other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
* Experience and success developing collaborative relationships within a shared governance academic environment.Additional Qualifications Considered
* Experience with developing and effectively coordinating a diverse portfolio of responsibilities.
* Knowledge of leading-edge issues, trends, and best practices in online environments to support student learning.
* Knowledge of faculty development around online instruction and pedagogy.
* Experience using technologies to drive innovation in a complex organization.
* Evidence of the ability to build and sustain a highly functioning team.
* Evidence of budget and fiscal experience and accountability, with the demonstrated ability to develop and manage expense and revenue budgets for online programs.
* Experience with successful online education at the graduate and undergraduate level.
* Understanding of marketing and enrollment strategies unique to online education.
* Demonstrated successes in developing and implementing business, strategic and operating plans.
* Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups including deans, faculty, students, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, Marketing, etc. to foster UC Online.
* Strong analytic, problem-solving, written and oral communication and presentation skills; flexibility, responsiveness, and impeccable follow-through.
* An understanding of–and commitment to support–the Vision, Mission, and Values of the University.
* Strong commitment to academic quality, with the ability to work with the provost’s team to secure and maintain the University's accreditation to deliver online degree programs.
* Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to enacting procedures and practices that promote and enhance diversity, inclusion, and access in online education.
* A Terminal Degree appropriate to the applicant's academic field of expertise.About the University of Cincinnati
* Work experience in an online support business
* Successful university or other online teaching experience.
* Experience with instructional design and active learning best practices in online environments.
* At least five years of successful administrative experience.
The University of Cincinnati (UC), founded in 1819, is an R1 public research university with an enrollment of nearly 48,000 students and is ranked No. 4 in the nation for co-ops and internships by U.S. News & World Report (No. 1 among public institutions). UC, powered by a total annual FY23 budget of $1.656 billion and an endowment of $1.8 billion (among the top 25 public universities in the U.S., and 79th largest in U.S. and Canada), is home to 15 colleges, offers 426-degree programs, 205 certificates, and employs nearly 11,000 faculty and staff. Today, more than 332,000 living alumni count themselves as UC Bearcats.About the City of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati is nestled within the City of Cincinnati’s urban core, which offers vibrant neighborhoods, world class arts and sports venues, restaurants, and inclusive and engaged communities. Cincinnati residents experience low cost of living, and high quality of life creating an ideal place to live. Beyond the city-core, the Cincy Region is a vibrant Midwest metropolitan destination located along the scenic Ohio River, and comprises Downtown Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and 52 neighborhoods which offer walkable communities and renowned schools. The Cincy region also boasts a rich and diverse business ecosystem and is within one days’ drive of half the country. Additional Cincinnati facts include: Application Information
* Home to five Fortune 500 companies and one of the most vibrant startup ecosystems in the nation
* Regional population of more than 2 million
* More than 5,000 acres of nationally renowned parks and greenspaces
* #1 Best City for New College Grads – SmartAsset
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (letter of interest, full resume/CV, and contact information for at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm. In addition, the University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application, you will be asked to provide a Contribution to Diversity of Inclusion statement.
Parker Executive Search is assisting the University of Cincinnati in this search. For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be received by September 15th, 2023. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSTING. YOU MUST APPLY THROUGH PARKER EXECUTIVE SEARCH'S Candidate Portal. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For additional information, please contact:
Porsha Williams, Vice President Compensation and Benefits
Erin Raines, Senior Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875
Atlanta, GA 30328
770-804-1996 ext.: 117
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE