About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2023-127Posting Start Date:
Masters Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Asst Professor & Program Coordinator- MarketingDescription/Job Summary
Baltimore City Community College’s Business & Technology Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for Business with a concentration in Digital Marketing. Applicants for this 12-month position must have administrative experience and be qualified to provide instruction in courses such as: Foundations and Strategy of Marketing, Marketing Content Strategy and Branding, Social Media Marketing, Search and Display Advertising, etc. The Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for Marketing will teach 9 credit hours per semester to a diverse population of learners and through various teaching modalities, face-to-face, virtual, and/or online (day or evening); maintain scheduled office hours; develop and revise curriculum, manage course and program assessment of student learning outcomes; participate in service to the college and the school (i.e., meetings, committee membership, activities, and events); play a critical role in building the Marketing program; and assist the Associate Dean with other duties as assigned. Candidates with proven leadership ability who can work collaboratively with other faculty and staff are highly encouraged to apply.
Teaching and Instruction:
- Contributes to the college’s mission and goals through effective teaching and instruction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter through exceptional content delivery, pedagogy, and andragogy through the teaching of information systems courses.
- Provides input for the development of the computer information systems program instruction, standards, and policies.
- Uploads current syllabi, readings, and homework assignments and submits grades on time in Canvas.
- Maintains attendance records in Banner.
- Provides guidance to students for academic planning.
- Incorporates current instructional technologies into the classroom.
- Provides students with meaningful written and oral feedback in a timely fashion.
- Holds required office hours.
Service and Professional Development:
- Actively participates in college, school, and program coordinators meetings,
- Serve on college and school committees.
- Serves as an active member on the Marketing Program Advisory Committee.
- Contributes to student success by advising students from the point of their initial enrollment through graduation.
- Stays current with, and contributes to, developments in the various fields and disciplines within Marketing.
- Provide input to respective Associate Deans in preparing program course schedules for fall, spring, and summer sessions in lecture, online, and other delivery formats.
- Prepare required reports to ensure compliance with college requirements (including course or program assessment), accrediting agencies and/or to maintain state, federal, and accrediting standards.
- Perform annual review and revise the program, course descriptions, course syllabi and course outlines to ensure that the information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform or coordinate adjunct faculty performance evaluations, observe classroom instruction, meet with individual instructors to review, and assess observations, develop strategies for instructional improvement and growth, and ensure that instructional quality is being maintained and that program standards are followed by adjuncts.
- Review enrollment data regularly to plan strategies for retention and recruitment of students in the program. At least one recruitment activity must be planned each semester year in collaboration with the Dean of Enrollment Management.
- Conduct at least one program meeting per semester with the faculty teaching in the program.
- Ensure quality and relevance in program curriculum and seek assistance from the Office of Academic Operations with new partnerships regarding transfer/senior institutions through articulation agreements.
- Facilitate workshops, in consultation with the appropriate student affairs office, each year with students and colleagues on transfer and scholarship opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean on teaching assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty; assist with the recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring of full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Develop a functional advisory board. Committee should meet at least once a year.
- Master’s degree in Marketing or related field with at least 18 graduate credits hours Marketing course work from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Five years or more of experience as a full-time instructor in a college or university, preferably with community college experience.
- Experience teaching face-to-face, online, hybrid and /or blended learning.
- Experience with Canvas or another learning management system (LMS).
- Doctoral degree in Marketing or related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours of Information Systems from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Five years administrative experience.
- Experience with dual enrollment programs and teaching advanced adolescent students.
- Commitment to working with underrepresented populations.
- Digital Marketing professional and teaching experience.
- Academically qualified per ACBSP standards in the field of Marketing
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail