Multimedia Services AV Tech II (Part-Time/Temporary) - Pool PositionRequisition Number:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond. Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.Specific Responsibilities:
The Multimedia Services AV Tech II is a part-time/temporary pool position. Duties include set-up, distribution and troubleshooting of multimedia equipment for classrooms and auditorium events. This position is also responsible for videotape documentation, basic theatrical lighting and audio operation, video-conferencing support, minor electronic hardware troubleshooting, and basic operation orientation for users of Multimedia Services equipment.
Applications for this position will be selected on a seasonal basis and based on the staffing needs of the department. All qualified applications will remain active through November 2023 If you are selected for an interview with one of the hiring managers, you will be contacted at that time. If at any point you decide that you no longer wish to be considered, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your application withdrawn.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 25 hours per week. Scheduled hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (including some nights and weekends) will be based upon the needs of the College.
- Prepare, distribute and perform basic diagnostic and maintenance of AV equipment.
- Process requests for equipment and services, including set up and breakdown of equipment.
- Provide basic technical support for audio, video, and video conference events.
- Perform minor electronic hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform simple operational tasks using the light controller and sound system in the Auditorium and other presentation venues.
- Provide support to audio and video specialists; including, but not limited to, video camera operation, digitizing video files and single microphone set-up.
- Respond to emergency and routine incoming calls to the service counter, as appropriate.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Travel to regional campuses, as needed, to provide technical assistance.
- Work extended hours on evenings or weekends, as needed.
- Transfer digital media from one format to another.
- Adhere to all College policies, including those related to copyrighting.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, or GED, required.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the operation of multimedia equipment, including LCD Projectors, laptop computers,document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment, and computer equipment (PC’s and laptops) is required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency to launch and access inventory and scheduling software information using a personal computer or laptop required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency to launch, locate and recognize user file structures for MS Office products required.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team in resolving problems and issues.
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and judgment is required.
- Ability to work well independently with limited supervision is required.
- Ability to transfer digital media from one format to another.
- Ability to negotiate issues and bring problems to resolution required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is required.
- Ability to climb and walk within confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work extended hours on evenings and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Salary Grade or Rank:
$19.33 - $37.74Job Posting Open Date:
01/06/2023Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :