DescriptionRecruitment and Enrollment Coordinator
The University of Tennessee Knoxville, College of Nursing is seeking a dynamic individual interested in recruiting and supporting a diverse pool of students for the College. The successful candidate will focus on supporting the Office of Student Services to fulfill its mission by serving all College of Nursing prospective, current and alumni students from initial inquiry to completion of degree requirements and beyond.The Office of Student Services empowers all students to take ownership of their education by providing individualized, comprehensive academic advising through challenge and support. We partner with campus community and external stakeholders to foster a learning environment that promotes diversity, academic engagement and student success. We seek to provide quality academic advising to ensure timely graduation, achievement of academic and career goals while also fostering mattering and belonging in the university and college community. UT Knoxville is recognized by Forbes magazine as one of America’s best places to work and offers competitive benefits that can be reviewed here: UT Benefits
• Manage admissions and recruitment for all programs
• Engage in consistent prospect follow‐up, routine applicant tracking procedures, and
development of reports on applicant pools
• Plan and execute activities and special events designed to enhance enrollment, including on‐
campus visits, visit days, and orientation events
• Collaborate with the Director of Public Relations and External Affairs for marketing and
• Attend and engage meetings pertaining to admissions and recruitment within the college and
• Coordinate office calendar with Recruitment events
• Attend monthly College of Nursing faculty and directors meetings as assigned
• Attend and engage in university‐wide meetings as needed
• Participate in TennACADA, the local affiliate of the National Academic Advising Association
• Participate in professional development activities, seminars and meetings
• Propose and present conference programs at local, regional and national meetings
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and provides updates to the team
• Reports to the office daily
• Other duties as assignedAcademic Advising
• Advise prospective, newly admitted, and current students on academic, career, and personal
issues and document
• interactions accordingly
• Maintain thorough knowledge of degree requirements, policies, and procedures for current and
• Refer students to available online, campus‐based, and off‐campus resources and services
• Educate students about curriculum, progression and admissions requirements, supplemental
programs and opportunities
• Host regular walk‐in hours and scheduled appointments (including additional walk‐in
hours/appointments prior to add/
• drop and during open registration periods for faculty, staff, prospective and current students)
• Ensure adherence to all university and college policies, student privacy/confidentiality and FERPA
• Assist with the management of the shared email account(s)
• Assist with the management and professional development of faculty mentors
• Contribute to the maintenance of advising and academic information (electronic and print)
• Manage transfer course equivalencies, evaluations, and articulations
• Read and share publications with advising staff to maintain knowledge about the educational
role of academic advising in
• enhancing student learning and developmentAdmissions and Recruitment
• Meet with and provide information to prospective students on the application process for
• Manage applicant pool, utilizing campus administrative software and ongoing strategic
communication, including in‐person appointments,
• phone calls, direct mail, email, and social media, all in an effort to encourage an application for
admission and ultimately enrollment.
• Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process, financial aid information, and
opportunities at the college.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of activities and special events designed to enhance
enrollment, including on‐campus visits, visit
• days, and orientation events.
• Serve as part of the Admissions team, coordinating and collaborating with colleagues.
• Maintain a clear understanding and support of the nature of the institution/college/program and
communicate this to prospective students,
• parents, guidance counselors and other constituents.
• Complete routine office work and reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule,
travel, special programs, and professional
: Master's degree (or degree earned within 12 months of hire) Relevant working
experience required. 3 years+ relevant work experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate change.
• Administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to complete simultaneous projects.
• Competent to perform NACADA core competencies.
• Evidence of team building skills that foster collaboration and ability to interact with a broad base of
individuals (administration, faculty, staff, clinical partners, students, etc.) who interact with the Office of
• Computer literacy and strong skills with digital literacy tools.
• Willingness to learn new systems, programs, skills and other informationJob:
Student ServicesPrimary Location:
College Of NursingSchedule:
Jun 21, 2023, 7:05:21 PM