Technical Assistance Specialist (multiple positions) - Social Work Research & Public Service (SWORPS) -
Market Range: 6
Salary Range: 40-45K
The University of Tennessee Knoxville, College of Social Work, through the Social Work Office of Research and Public Service (SWORPS) is accepting applications for multiple IT Technologist II – Technical Assistance Specialist positions. This position will provide specialized technical and help desk support for State of TN users. Additionally, the Technical Assistance Specialist will provide software and application testing for custom technology solutions.
Technical Assistance and Help Desk
· Provide desktop and technical support to customers.
· Learn, use, and support multiple software products and custom applications for State of TN and grant partner agencies.
· Answer toll-free number and provide professional spoken response. Operate cloud-based phone software, including transferring calls, managing queues, and message management
· Communicate patiently and effectively with customers, providing additional support for those with limited technical proficiency.
· Diagnose, triage, and problem-solve customer needs.
· Align responses with State, Partner, and University policy and follow best practice with technology, information security, privacy, and confidentiality.
· Must be able to work remotely if required. Must be able to work independently and in collaboration with others.
· Always maintain high degree of professionalism in communication.
· Other duties as required.
Software and Application Testing
· Work with development team to provide feedback and testing for custom products
· Work with partner products to provide feedback and testing for custom products
· Other duties as required
· Work with internal training team to provide feedback and testing for training materials related to custom products and technology products
· Work with grant partners to provide feedback and testing for training materials related to custom products and technology products
· Provide feedback, testing, and review of training websites and help desk websites
High school degree or equivalent. Entry-level experience with technology in a professional environment. Strong, demonstrated competence with computing technology. Experience with oral, written, and other forms of communication in a professional setting. At least one year experience using Microsoft Office products in general and Office 365 specifically.
Preferred requirements: At least one year experience providing customer service in a technology-centered environment. Experience working with human service data and technical support. Experience with help desk software and documentation.
Social Work Research & Pub Svc
Job Posting Job:
Information Technology - TechnicalPrimary Location:
Social Work Research & Pub SvcSchedule:
Jun 16, 2023, 8:24:30 AM