Project Graduate AssistantMcNair Scholars Program
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Project graduate assistant. This part time position will assist the Director and Assistant Director in coordinating the McNair Scholars Program. This is a federally funded grant with four and half years remaining. This is a non-exempt position and current adjuncts are not eligible.
For consideration, this position requires enrollment in a doctoral program. The applicant should possess strong writing and editing skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience teaching or tutoring. Bilingual English and Spanish language skills desired. Experience working with economically disadvantaged students in a higher education setting is preferred. The candidate should be able to work effectively with a diverse group of students and faculty.
- Teach GRE analytical writing & verbal exam preparation class during summer research internship.
- Assist scholars with writing of purpose statements, curriculum vitae, and papers.
- Provide support to faculty mentors and scholars during summer research projects.
- Advise and counsel McNair Scholars on academic progress necessary for graduate school admission, graduate application process, selection of graduate school, GRE preparation, and researching funding sources for graduate school.
- Collaborate with McNair staff and Marketing to publish McNair Scholars Program publications such as newsletter and research journal and serve as editor for these two publications.
- Assist with the maintenance of the University of Texas McNair Association of Professionals mentoring partnership as needed.
- Assist in the development of research opportunities with other universities.
- Assist in organizing and implementing an eight-week summer research program and a paper presentation symposium.
- Assist in planning and implementation of annual recruitment of McNair Scholars.
- Assist with maintenance of database and paper-based grant documentation and student records.
- Assist students in preparing presentations for conferences and symposiums.
- Assist in the evaluation of scholars' academic progress.
- Assist in planning for student workshops and McNair events.
- Work closely with McNair faculty mentors and potential mentors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.