Assistant Professor of Nursing - 12 MonthJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Professor of Nursing (12 Month) in the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON) to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing traditional classroom teaching, online didactic instruction, and clinical supervision. Full time faculty works collaboratively with course coordinator and clinical lead faculty. Faculty are responsible for promoting Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity through teaching, service, and scholarship to LSON, including participation in LSON meetings and committees. Faculty members must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program and Marian University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying the total nursing curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program. This includes selection of required textbooks in collaboration with other faculty, book representatives and completing textbook ordering process.
- Develop, administers, and evaluate courses each semester.
- Collaborates with clinical leads to ensure clinical application of didactic content.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides counseling for those making unsatisfactory progress, in collaboration with Director of Nursing Student Success and Academic Success Coaches at partner sites.
- Maintains written documentation records of student counseling and performance.
- Assists with student recruitment, pinning ceremonies, and other activities.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
- Work hours necessary to perform job requirements satisfactorily on a regular basis.
- Manage absence from work in a responsible manner to ensure service to clients, work teams, and coworkers.
- Comply with Marian University policies and practices and seeking clarification of them when necessary.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University. Must be willing and able to advance the University mission.
- An earned doctorate degree in nursing is preferred. Candidates with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and either proven or presumptive potential to obtain an appropriate terminal degree to be considered. Academic rank will be determined by experience in the assigned area of responsibility and credentials.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana. Eligible to hold a Compact License or licenses in additional states as required to teach online for partner sites.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the practice of nursing required and prior academic teaching at undergraduate level preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, responses to supplemental mission questions and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use their fingers, handle, or feel objects, equipment or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
P110FOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Advertising Summary:
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.Quick Link for Internal Postings: