Extension Program Assistant II
Pay Grade 34
This position is contingent on continued funding.
The EFNEP Program Assistant II will work 40 hours a week and is responsible to the County Extension Director and works under the direction of the EFNEP Area Specialist.
1. Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, religion, or veteran status.
2. Recruit and enroll youth groups and families in the EFNEP program.
3. Conduct and teach programs individually and in group settings by demonstrating the following:
(a) Efficient use of limited family resources in providing an adequate diet for the family.
(b) Instruction in food production, meal planning, food preparation, and preservation and serving to improve the family’s health through improved nutrition.
(c) Skills related to health and nutrition, such as sanitation and food storage.
(d) Information and experiences that will aid in raising the aspirations of low-income families to develop pride and improve the family and home life environment.
4. Collect and store complete and accurate records needed in planning, implementing, and evaluating the EFNEP Program.
Minimum/Required Qualifications (include education, experience, skills & abilities, licenses & certifications):
· Successful applicant must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s license.
· Must have a high school diploma or GED, teaching skills, communication skills, and organization skills.
· Clear background check will be required.
· Experience teaching youth or adults, cooking experience, community service, and computer experience
UT Extension provides a gateway to the University of Tennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an office in every Tennessee County, UT Extension delivers educational programs and research-based information to citizens throughout the state. In cooperation with Tennessee State University, UT Extension works with farmers, families, youth, and communities, to improve lives by addressing problems and issues at the local, state and national levels.Job:
Extension SupportPrimary Location:
Oct 12, 2023, 6:20:06 PM