Executive Director of Institutional Research
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Westfield State University is committed to anti-racist pedagogy and practices that guide our universities' fundamental beliefs in critical engagement with diversity, social justice, community building, scholarly inquiry, and critical reflective practice. Persons of color and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Executive Director of Institutional ResearchState Job Title:
Executive Director Department:
Academic Affairs Job Code:
Full-Time, Permanent Timeframe:
Monday-Friday, 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.Regular Days Off:
Saturday and SundaySupervision Received:
Reports to Associate Provost under the leadership of the Provost. Supervision Exercised:
Supervises Institutional Research Director.Salary:
$115,000-$125,000 (To commensurate with education and experience)General Statement of Duties:
The Executive Director is a leadership role that is responsible for the development of a comprehensive program of institutional research and assessment in support of planning, strategic decision-making, accreditation, and institutional accountability. The Executive Director of IR will work collaboratively to define, adopt, and evaluate institutional measures of effectiveness, thereby informing the selection and direction of strategic and academic initiatives. The Executive Director reports research results, responds to mandated reports for external boards and agencies, performs analysis of survey data and maintains a source of institutional data. The Executive Director also supports departmental, program, and university efforts in assessment of student learning. The Executive Director provides critical information to support the data needs of analysis and planning for the university to continue the work of creating a data-informed campus culture. This position provides leadership and performs all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for planning, assessment, and decision making.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Lead initiatives and projects to support and enhance enterprise data architecture, data integration strategies, warehousing, database design, and visualization tools.
- Ensure all statistical data and faculty workload data is included in the university system of record and enhance reporting capabilities to provide ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Establish and chair the campus-wide Data Governance Committee.
- Serve as co-principal or consultant to custom research initiatives.
- Oversee the University's IR web pages / web content.
- Supports cost containment analysis, programmatic development, and strategic initiative analysis by providing statistical data as requested.
- Direct the timely mandatory federal reporting (IPEDS, Cleary Act).
- Oversee mandatory state reporting of application, enrollment, and graduation data.
- Develop proper analysis using key data to inform institutional and program accreditation activities.
- Administer preparation and dissemination of Common Data Set and related institutional information.
- Respond to routine and ad hoc internal and external requests for institutional information.
- Conduct and analyze student surveys (entering students, exiting students, advising)
- Design and implement measures of institutional and program effectiveness.
- Support strategic and academic planning processes.
- Advise and provide logistical support on assessment to departments and programs.
- Monitor changes in reporting requirements and assessment practice; participate in development of state assessment and data reporting standards.
- Provide statistical data in support of financial modeling as requested to support the merge of financial and academic data and other analytical needs.
- Create a campus-wide annual data digest.
- Supports projects as requested in support of initiatives undertaken by the Office of Strategic Finance and Institutional Planning.
- Supports and provides cross-training to staff in the Office of Strategic Finance and Institutional Planning on systems, data, and institutional knowledge.
- Master's degree in computer science, data processing, research methods, or related field preferred.
- Seven or more years of related Institutional Research and/or Business Intelligence experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Understanding of University processes and initiatives (enrollment management, scheduling, program evaluation, resource utilization analysis, student success measures, assessment of student learning) and knowledge of measurement and evaluation methods applied to those processes.
- Knowledge of federal and state reporting requirements and ensuring compliance through accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Moderate experience with structured query language such as SQL to build complex reports and provide insight on student and other data.
- Ability to communicate the results of data analysis in Excel, PowerPoint, and both written and verbal in a way that is easily understood.
- Moderate level of expertise using Tableau or similar business intelligence programs.
- Ability to be a team player with a service-oriented mindset.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.aspDisability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required.
The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.Covid-19 Requirements:As a condition of employment, you will be required to complete an initial series of COVID vaccination (2 doses of Pfizer/Moderna or 1 dose of J&J) prior to coming to campus. Initial booster doses are strongly encouraged for everyone who is eligible. New employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources prior to onboarding. Employees who require a medical or religious exemption should email Tatyana Horne, Associate Director of Employee Benefits, Recognition & Transitions, at email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=163255&CNTRNO=14&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency