Administrative Assistant - K- Per Diem / On-call
Duration of Position:
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Health Services Office seeks a Per Diem Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of medical office duties in support of the day to day business operation and clerical administrative functions. Duties include answering phones, scheduling appointments, faxing and processing forms. The Per Diem Administrative Assistant will assist the administrative, nursing and medical personnel in their provision of health care to Vassar College students.Schedule:
As needed: Health Services hours are: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and weekends 12 noon - 4:00 p.m. Per Diem position primarily needed for weekdays. Ideal for a Vassar community member seeking occasional work.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Previous medical office experience preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a professional telephone manner are essential;
- Strong organizational and computer skills including email necessary;
- Familiarity with electronic record keeping helpful but not essential;
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and work independently is required;
- Ability to interact with a diverse community of students, staff, and other college personnel/departments. Successful candidates will demonstrate a professional demeanor and ability to work as part of a team with reliability and consistency.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/3356
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency