Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Senior Executive Secretary, Grade DPosition Number:
School of Health Professions and Human ServicesDepartment:
School of Health Professions and Human Services, Population HealthFull-Time or Part-Time:
The Senior Executive Secretary performs a full range of duties at a senior secretarial level for the Department of Population Health in the School of Health Professions and Human Services (HPHS), serving as the secretary to the Department Chair and the Departmental Personnel Committee (DPC).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with program directors for course listings, registration, room assignments, and other support functions for department programs.
- Assists faculty members and adjuncts with tasks related to their courses and/or special events.
- Utilizes Banner for course schedules for the Fall, Spring, Summer, and January sessions, and submits changes in course personnel and schedules.
- Assists in interfacing between Deans, program directors, faculty, students, and the registrar’s office in filing student documents and on academic matters.
- Assists with file maintenance, record retention, and reporting.
- Coordinates and distributes minutes for various meetings as assigned.
- Composes, types, and edits letters, emails, memos, and other related materials.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls.
- May perform other assigned duties not specifically identified above but which require the same degree of skill and which are normally included with the above job description.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Minimum Salary: $40,925 Subject to bumpingQualifications:
- The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and able to diplomatically prioritize conflicting demands.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess excellent customer service attitude and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office with exceptional initiative and follow-through skills.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.