Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Senior Support Specialist, Grade FPosition Number:
School of LawFull-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management, the Senior Support Specialist provides senior level clerical support to the Law School’s Office of Enrollment Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafts correspondence.
- Responds to telephone, mail, e-mail and in-person inquiries from prospective students, pre-law advisors and current law students regarding admission and financial aid procedures.
- Processes admissions and financial aid applications and reports.
- Enters data into Ellucian Banner and specialized Law School admissions computer systems.
- Prepares and maintains statistical reports.
- Coordinates mass mailing projects.
- Coordinates travel and conference arrangements for senior staff members.
- Trains and supervises student aides.
- May perform other assigned duties not specifically identified above but which require the same degree of skill and which are normally included with the above job description.
- Additional hours required during peak periods.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Minimum Salary: $49,111
Subject to bumpingQualifications:
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be detail oriented and a team player.
- Working overtime during peak periods required.
- Knowledge and experience with complex databases is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience working in the area of admissions and/or higher education.
- Proficiency in Ellucian Banner.
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.