Adjunct Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical TherapyPosition Number:
School of Health Professions and Human ServicesDepartment:
Allied Health and KinesiologyFull-Time or Part-Time:
Hofstra University is currently accepting resumes for adjunct faculty in the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program. This position begins May 1, 2023. The DPT Program at Hofstra University located in Long Island, New York is seeking experienced professionals who would like the opportunity to share their knowledge and professional skills in the classroom.
The DPT Program would like to expand the adjunct pool to include those individuals with expertise in areas including but not limited to:
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic science courses (anatomy, neuroscience, movement science, motor control, exercise physiology and biomechanics)
- Foundational science courses (therapeutic exercise, modalities, basic examination and interventions, imaging, differential diagnosis, health promotion and wellness, pathology, pharmacology, and differential diagnosis
- Clinical courses (musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, integumentary, geriatric and pediatric areas of practice)
- Research and evidence-based practice
- Professional issues in physical therapy (teaching and learning, administration, ethics, and leadership).
Duties and responsibilities include teaching activities to support the mission and vision of DPT Program. Adjunct faculty members are expected to teach a specified course(s); assist lead faculty in teaching lab components; assist lead faculty with curriculum planning and content development; prepare course materials; provide student assessment of knowledge and skills and using written and lab practical examinations, assignments, quizzes and, class projects; and provide support and guidance to students. Adjunct faculty are expected to support the mission and vision of the DPT Program; provide and maintains a respectful and nurturing learning environment, model professionalism inside and outside of the classroom setting; and abide by all relevant university and/or DPT Program procedures and policies.Qualifications:
Preferred Quals Summary:
- Earned a physical therapy degree or a terminal academic doctorate in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of New York
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in physical therapy
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skill
- Active in clinical practice or teaching
- Evidence of contemporary expertise in the areas of teaching
- Non-physical therapists can apply to teach in their areas of expertise
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.
- Prior experience in teaching courses in a physical therapy program
- Previous college teaching experience
- ABPTS specialization in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities
- Earned physical therapy residency or fellowship degree
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
Applications should be submitted electronically and include the following: a letter of application, CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Successful candidates will be required to provide official academic transcripts and professional letters of recommendation.Deadline:
All other questions can be directed to Dr. Yasser Salem, Program Director, at Yasser.firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Please also visit our web site at Physical Therapy, DPT | Home | Hofstra University
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.