Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Senior Executive Secretary, Grade DPosition Number:
Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-Natural ScienceFull-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Department Chair, the Senior Executive Secretary will perform a full range of secretarial duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the chairperson, program director, faculty, and administration.
- Maintains all department files: faculty, majors, minors.
- Works closely with the chairperson on department master and audit schedules, including faculty and classroom assignments.
- Submits workflows for adding, editing, or deleting courses within the department.
- Prepares internal departmental onboarding and off boarding and orientation to faculty in relation to background checks, gathering all new faculty hire documentation, informing of office procedures, including obtaining keys, assigning office space, mailbox assignments, etc.
- Processes all special academic forms (waiver/substitution forms, change of major forms, etc.).
- Point of contact for all student academic requests related to majors and minors.
- Responds to all telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail, and prepares correspondence as necessary.
- Issues overrides and tracks wait-listed student lists for all department courses.
- Oversees student workers in the office, tracks and reconciles e-time.
- Compose/type emails, memos, reports, proposals, class lists, bulletin updates, faculty hours, and class schedules.
- Maintains and updates appointment calendar, schedule/arrange meetings.
- Records student status changes for the Department and American Chemical Society (accrediting agency).
- Prepares mailings for the department’s annual banquet.
- Processes print jobs and book orders.
- May perform other duties not specifically identified above, but which require the same degree of skill, and which are normally included with the above job title.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Minimum Salary: $40,925
Subject to bumpingQualifications:
- Ideal candidate must possess the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner.
- Basic familiarity with social media platforms.
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.