Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Clerk Specialist, Grade CPosition Number:
Mail Room (division)Department:
Print and Mail ServicesFull-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Director of Print/Mail, the Clerk Specialist handles many clerical services and responsibilities relating to the daily operations of Print and Mail Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with printing equipment including the operation of the folder, cutter, laminator, shrink wrapper, stapler, hole puncher, jogger, perf/scoring machine, and comb and tape binders.
- Labels and distributes completed work including preparing on-campus completed print jobs for signature required on-campus delivery.
- Responds to telephone and visitor inquiries, dispenses information and materials relative to the department, reports completed jobs out, and converts/merges files as necessary for direct to print jobs.
- Assists with Customer Service interactions with attention to detail in a professional and procedural manner via phone, in-person, work tickets, job jackets, email, and/or service desks and outreach to customer(s) when clarity is necessary.
- Understands, operates, and troubleshoots the printing machines for direct to print usage as well as the mail machines in the preparation and metering of all mail types and the preparation of bulk mail and collating multi-part mailings (inserting).
- Assists with sorting of both U.S. and on-campus mail, packaging of print and/or mailing materials for return by the on-campus delivery process, the creation of a Plant work order, and maintaining all print and accountable mail logs and paper and mail material inventories as stored in the Butler Annex warehouse.
- Supports the on-campus delivery process as needed.
- Assists with department inventory as needed.
- May perform other duties, from time to time, not specifically identified above but which require the same skill level, such as understanding, operating, and trouble-shooting all Print and Mail Services technologies, including use of the large format printer in poster prep, printing, and mounting, addresser, inserter, and wafering machines.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Must be flexible to work holidays and overtime, when necessary.
Minimum Salary: $36,830
Subject to bumpingQualifications:
- Knowledge of print and mail center functions, USPS regulations, and the operation of a forklift.
- A valid New York State driver’s license is required to operate a golf cart and mail van.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mail Manager 2010, WebCRD, or comparable software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of printing technology.
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.