Lecturer (Law) - Legal WritingDepartment:
College of Law-0899Requisition Number:
F_230099Posting Open Date:
06/06/2023Application Review Date: (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date):
07/07/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDescription of Work:
The University of Nebraska College of Law seeks applications for a non-tenure track faculty appointment in Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research (LAWR) at the rank of lecturer for the 2023-2024 academic year. The applicant selected for the temporary faculty position will be assigned to one section of LAWR for the 2023-2024 academic year. The position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- 60% Prepare and provide classroom instruction throughout the academic year, review and provide feedback on asynchronous exercises, evaluate student work, administer and grade assignments, and empower students to achieve academic and professional success.
- 30% Conduct individual student meetings, hold office hours, live-grade or provide feedback to students in individual and small group settings, and other means to effectively communicate and/or meet with students as needed.
- 10% Actively contribute to the LAWR program, assist the LAWR director in preparing materials and writing assignments, attend weekly LAWR faculty meetings, collaborate with all LAWR team members, work with LAWR Teaching Assistants.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran or military status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination
.Minimum Required Qualifications:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school or its foreign equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of post-J.D. expertise in legal analysis and writing as demonstrated in the resume or CV.
How to Apply:
- Prior teaching experience at the law school level or in the area of writing.
Click “Apply for this job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents:
For questions or accommodations related to this position contact:
- A letter of interest.
- Your curriculum vitae or resume.
- List of references.
Chelsi HaydenJob Category (old):
Faculty Non-Tenure LeadingJob Type:
Part-Time TemporaryPosition funded by grant or other form of temporary funding?: