General Maintenance Technician Locksmith -Tuesday-Saturday - 9:00am-5:30pmJob Description:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Locksmith who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by keeping the university buildings and grounds, clean, neat, and in a safe manner .
General Statement of Job:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The University locksmith is responsible for maintaining University residential and commercial locksmithing functions including keys, lock picking, door hardware (electronic and non) and maintaining the complete master keying system.
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Install, maintain, rebuild and repair mechanical and electrical locking devices and door hardware
- Disassemble locks (padlocks, safe locks, door locks)
- Duplicate keys, replace, and re-key locks as necessary
- Maintains the MBS lock system for the University.
- Installation of panic bars, exit devices, and door closers
- Design new master key systems for organizations/institutions
- Request’s equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and /or repair
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general building maintenance duties
- Responds to any emergency as required and is responsible for snow removal as assigned
- Attend all department training sessions.
- On call responsibilities may exist.
- Employee MUST follow all University and departmental rules, regulations/policies, and procedures.
- Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with common practices and procedures for carpentry, painting, electrical, heating, air conditioning and plumbing.
- Must be familiar with the MBS locking and security system
- Must have common knowledge in the operation of vehicles, hand tools, portable drills, power saws, lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Due to the high level of security and sensitivity of this position, applicants must have a clean disciplinary file and background check.
- Must be willing to work off shift, weekends and call ins for emergency repairs and lockouts.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Physical Demands:
- Walking, pulling, bending, lifting, pushing, stooping, ability to lift minimum of 25 pounds, but not more than 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders up to 6ft in height.
- The role requires the ability to ascend to rooftops and move in tight spaces to perform and complete inspections. This position will utilize lifts, as well as ladders and stools.
P300SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: