General Maintenance -Electrical & Indoor/Outdoor Lighting Technician Day Shift 8:00am-4:30 pmJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a General Maintenance Worker who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by keeping the university’s facilities operating, and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have the chance to worsen. The General Maintenance Technician will be required to perform a variety of tasks around the university.
General Statement of Job:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing all electrical related facility services, branch circuits, electrical equipment and controls of varying design or complexity.
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine correct layout and troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment installations
- Installs, examines, replaces, or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, Ethernet and coaxial cable assemblies, interior and exterior lighting fixtures, and other electrical components.
- Audit all interior and exterior lighting throughout campus to ensure that proper lighting levels, and life safety requirement.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintains/monitors electrical stock and parts inventory at appropriate levels to ensure facility work production
- Maintains, repairs, installs, and tests switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators, and reactors.
- May install, maintain, and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Completes preventative maintenance as scheduled and keeps records.
- Researches and specifies repair parts from manuals and computer sources.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts to optimize reliability and value.
- Responds to any emergency repair/maintenance situation as required
- Maintains critical inventory needed to keep operations running; maintains and accounts for tools used
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general building maintenance duties
- Responds to any emergency as required and is responsible for snow removal as assigned
- Attend all department training sessions.
- On call responsibilities may exist.
- Employee MUST follow all University and departmental rules, regulations/policies, and procedures.
- Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership
- Must have the ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications.
- Must have the ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs, and safety.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in construction, electrical, or electronics field required
- Electrical vocational training/certificate required
- 1-4 years’ experience and knowledge in repair and general maintenance.
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Physical Demands:
- Walking, pulling, bending, lifting, pushing, stooping, ability to lift minimum of 25 pounds, but not more than 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders up to 6ft in height.
- The role requires the ability to ascend to rooftops and move in tight spaces to perform and complete inspections. This position will utilize lifts, as well as ladders and stools.
P296SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: