Lead Groundskeeper- Athletic Fields- Flexible Day Shift Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pmJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Lead Athletics Fields Groundskeeper who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working closely with the Landscape Manager to maintain the beauty of the university grounds and outdoor spaces.
General Statement of Job:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Athletics Field Lead Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining and improving athletic fields and adjacent campus grounds. Assigned work such as mowing, trimming, grading, planting & pruning, leaf removal, ground trash removal, snow removal, salt application, etc. may fluctuate by season. The Lead Groundskeeper may be responsible for oversight or delegation of athletic field responsibilities. This position’s schedule may flex depending on athletic event schedules.
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Guides staff on job duties, safety procedures, etc.
- Perform athletic fields grounds audits.
- Ensures compliance with code requirements, safety standards, and grounds keeping best practices
- Maintains and improves athletic fields grounds.
- Performs tasks such as planting, trimming of shrubs and trees, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, raking, salting, shoveling snow, removing ice, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Operates trucks and tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, cracks and curb lines, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Experience with water features preferred
- Simple knowledge of irrigation/repair
- Will assist in providing special set-up for campus events, as well as general furniture, fixtures, and equipment moves around campus.
- Responsible for the removal of all exterior trash from campus buildings and grounds daily.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness, and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner.
- Must be able to utilize data to inform and implement decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License without restrictions.
- Previous experience in grounds keeping/horticulture required
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of grounds keeping principals and power landscape equipment
- Must be able to adhere to safety procedures to do physical risks
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, equipment, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work involves exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures, on occasion requiring alternative scheduling due to inclement weather. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
P304SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: