General Maintenance Technician - General Maintenance & Light Carpentry Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pmJob Description:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a General Maintenance Technician who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by keeping the university buildings and grounds, clean, neat, and in a safe manner.
General Statement of Job:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The job of General Maintenance Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing maintenance services and light carpentry as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; and ensuring that tools, materials, and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at job site when needed.
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Performs repairs to interior and exterior finishes. Examples are ceiling tile or floor tile replacement, carpet repair, paint touchup, glass replacement, cabinet repair, bookshelves repair or replacement, bulletin board repair or replacement, wall repair, door repair or replacement, railing and partition repair, etc.
- Operates basic power and hand tools
- Coordinating and working alongside contracted vendors and University stakeholder.
- Performs inspections and repairs to exteriors (roof, roof drains, down spouts, caulking, tuck-pointing, etc.)
- Snow removal
- Employee MUST follow all University and departmental rules, regulations/policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing, responding, and closing out work orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance as requested
- Repairs and moves furniture as requested
- Attend all department training sessions.
- On call responsibilities will exist.
- Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experien
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Physical Demands:
- Walking, pulling, bending, lifting, pushing, stooping, ability to lift minimum of 25 pounds, but not more than 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders up to 6ft in height.
- The role requires the ability to ascend to rooftops and move in tight spaces to perform and complete inspections. This position will utilize lifts, as well as ladders and stools.
P307SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: