Adjunct Faculty Various DisciplinesDivision:
College of Arts & SciencesDepartment:
Main CampusJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking qualified adjunct instructors to teach a variety of disciplines in our College of Arts & Sciences at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Below is a list of the various disciplines we are seeking:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Collaborate closely with the Center for Academic Success and Engagement, Counseling Center, Campus Security and Support, Dining Services, Student Activities and Orientation, the Exchange, Athletics, Student Health Center and Campus Ministry to connect residents to on-campus resources and provide residents with support.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin, and other areas of diversity.
- Art and Design – Studio Art, Art History, Art Therapy
- Computer Science
- Counseling – Mental Health & School
- Criminal Justice
- Global Studies
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Studio Art
- World Languages – Spanish, German, French, ASL
- Master’s degree or eighteen graduate credit hours in the discipline.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Must have knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Familiarity with Canvas is beneficial.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, responses to the supplemental mission questions, and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P010ANumber of Vacancies:
10+Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: