Extended Job Title
Asst/Assoc/Full Professor - Pediatric CardiologyOrg Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr Org Level 7
513021 - Cardiology Pedi Lbk Genl Position Description
The Department of Pediatrics strives to provide the highest standard of medical care for its patients, ensure excellence in the education of medical students and resident physicians, and serve as an advocate for pediatric health issues throughout the region and state. Other Pediatric Sub-Specialty Services include Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatric Hospitalist, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pulmonology, Radiology, Surgery, Psychiatric services, and Urology. Ancillary services include hospice care, child life therapy, social work, physical and occupational therapy, and music therapy.
Our physicians enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salary, relocation expenses, and CME/professional development (AAP dues paid by department). Faculty participation in regional and national organizations is supported and encouraged. Lubbock is a family-friendly community offering a mild climate, low cost of living, and high-quality public and private schools. Lubbock and the surrounding communities comprise a population of almost a quarter of a million year-round residents. With multiple universities and professional schools, there are diverse entertainment and leisure opportunities.Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.Requisition ID
Up to 25% Pay Grade Maximum
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skillsMajor/Essential Functions
The Department of Pediatrics at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is seeking a Pediatric Cardiologist to serve as the Division Chief of Pediatric Cardiology. Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Practice Highlights -
- Lead our team to provide outstanding clinical care to a diverse patient population in western Texas and eastern New Mexico.
- Educate the next generation of clinicians by delivering comprehensive and interdisciplinary education to pediatric residents and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center medical students.
Division Chief Cardiologist-
- Guide the clinical and academic mission of this well-established Division of Cardiology at Texas Tech Physicians of Lubbock.
- Create a positive work environment for the division that encourages communication, trust, teamwork, and professional growth and ensures that all faculty, staff, resident, and learners feel valued and supported.
- Provide outpatient and inpatient service at University Medical Center (UMC) Children’s Hospital.
- Participate as member of the senior leadership team in department and children’s hospital strategic planning.
- Faculty appointment at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (preferably Associate Professor or higher).
No Pay Grade Minimum
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skillsPay Basis
HSC - Lubbock Department
Cardiology Pedi Lbk Genl Required Attachments
Cover Letter, Resume / CVJob Type
Full Time Pay Statement
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan website
Assistant Professor Shift
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.Required Qualifications
MD or DO
Fellowship trained in Pediatric Cardiology
Board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Cardiology
2+ years’ experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities.Salary Grade
800Does this position work in a research laboratory?
No Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website