Wilkerson Dining-Cook 2
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Federal Work Study Student Institutional StudentAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $15.00 Hourly, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
- 10-20 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
This is a part-time, non-benefited position. Only UND students are eligible to be hired in this position.Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook and serve grilled and deep fried items.
- Prepare specialty items and assist the lead cook or chef.
- Cooks entrée dishes, meats, sauces, gravies, soups, deep-fried foods and accompaniments.
- Slices and weights serving portions of meats, cheeses, etc.
- Prepares food to meet all meal deadlines and maintains the highest quality and freshness possible using progressive cooking techniques.
- Take food temperatures according to a predetermined schedule, document with computer handheld devices
- Uses the following equipment: grills, meat slicer, food chopper, steam equipment, fryers, ovens, calculator, and scales.
- Records production on the service summary sheets
- Provides exceptional customer service to our guests.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment according to UND’s policies and procedures and assists with washing and putting away dishes.
- Follows ServSafe/UND personal hygiene standards.
- Able to work mornings/evenings/weekdays/weekends.
- Follows UND’s standard operating procedures and opening and closing procedures for assigned stations.
- Completes all duties assigned by manager.
• Able to stand on one's feet for three to four hoursMinimum Requirements
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Incumbents should have an optimistic attitude, willingness to learn new skills, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork, and other meat products in a professional culinary commercial kitchen
• Must be able to adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings except for a plain wedding band while working in our facilities
• Hairnets and beard restraints are also a requirement in our food preparation areas
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
For full consideration, applications must be received by the closing date and include the following materials:
• Class Schedule
Please include in the application if you are currently or have in the past 12 months been employed with the University of North Dakota, the North Dakota University System or any other North Dakota State agency. If so, include which agency/department, as well as how many hours you work a week.