This is a grant-funded, limited position anticipated to end in January 2025.
Who We Are
With three campuses along Colorado’s Front Range, Front Range Community College is the state’s largest community college. We enroll close to 28,000 students annually from our diverse service area, which offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities.
Each year approximately 5,000 FRCC students transfer to four-year universities. FRCC offers more than 36 career training programs that prepare students for immediate employment and rewarding careers. Last year, more than 5,000 high school students took concurrent enrollment classes with us, earning college credit without having to pay college tuition. And we were recently ranked as one of the “Top Online Colleges” in the country by Newsweek.
One of FRCC’s main goals is to offer educational excellence for everyone. The college’s strong commitment to student success means we start by creating an inclusive and equitable environment—one where both students and employees feel they belong and are supported. FRCC’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is woven into the fabric of our college conversations and decision-making processes. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that reflects the diversity of our student body.
The college is also an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution. For us, becoming an HSI is an intentional commitment to being a college where our Latinx (and other historically marginalized) students thrive.
FRCC employees and leaders work hard to create a culture of collaboration, innovation and pride. We’re looking to hire people who share these values—along with our commitment to student success, equity and excellence.
Who You Are
As the Nursing Coordinator for the Nursing Department at our Westminster Campus, you will interface with students, faculty, and staff to maintain clinical contracts and ensure that students have met the requirements for clinical rotations. You will provide technical support in the selection, purchase, of supplies and maintenance and running of lab equipment and simulation equipment. You will communicate with various stakeholders including:Internal communications with a nursing and nurse aide faculty, nursing program administrative assistant, Career Technical Education (CTE) advisor, nursing and nurse aide students, Academic Dean’s office, IT, and fiscal departmentExternal communication with clinical coordinators from other educational institutions and clinical placement platform, human resources, management and staff at clinical agencies, and vendors. SALARY:
mid to high $40’s annually BENEFITS: Please click here to find more information about APT & Faculty BenefitsSELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled.
This posting may be used to fill multiple or similar positions.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Nursing Coordinator.
Clinical Placement Coordinator Role:
- Maintain files and records of FT faculty, PT instructors and students ensuring compliance with agency requirements.
- Collaborate with clinical coordination, faculty and program director(s) to maintain and update the clinical schedule.
- Coordinate with course lead faculty, clinical coordinator and program administrative assistant to document student and faculty compliance with all clinical agency requirements prior to the first day of class each semester.
- Assist with updating my clinical exchange
- Assist with requesting preceptorship placements for capstone clinical and as needed for additional courses each semester
- Coordinate and ensure timely compliance and uploading all required pre-rotation agency specific training/assignments for students and clinical faculty prior to clinical rotations (i.e. HIPAA/OSHA, computer training)
- Assure the coordination of class list and distribution of attestation forms including all student and faculty information for each clinical facility prior to each clinical rotation per agency requirements.
- Assist with notifying agency of any changes to class roster/student placement.
- Notify course lead faculty of any changes to clinical placement as needed.
Lab Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain lab storage and supply areas (NUA, NUR
- Establish par levels and ensure adequate inventory of all laboratory supplies.
- Ensure organization and availability of supplies.
- Assist with lab and simulation activities including preparation, clean up and breakdown.
- Coordinate disposal of any hazardous materials.
- Clean and sanitize all laboratory areas. Washing, drying and putting away laundry.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment malfunction.
- Assist as needed with the development and updating procedure manuals.
Required CompetenciesCommunication (written, verbal, interpersonal):
Communicates well across all channels to welcome, inform, guide, support, and engage in helpful and productive dialogue. Build, maintain, and participate in relationship building with multiple organizations and industry partners.Technical skills:
Use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to complete day-to-day work activities. Use the clinical and internship specific programs to place students in internships.Critical Thinking:
Confident in using professional judgement when dealing with complex student issues. Generates and implements new ideas and problem-solving strategies that are solution oriented. Accountability:
Accountable for being ready to work with students during designated work times. Takes responsibility for initiating conversations with students and following up on tasks. Performs daily work assignments with minimal supervision.Self-motivated:
Takes initiative to engage and manage daily tasks using all available tools, prioritizes workload, develops organization systems, solves problems independently and as part of a team. Maintains confidentiality:
Works with students and employer records in a manner that upholds student and employer privacy.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Works effectively with customers and stakeholder partners from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and management levels.
Required Education/Training & Work Experience:Certificate or Associate Degree and related work experience in related field.2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in health careGeneral knowledge of management and supervisory practices and principles. Expertise with electronic data base creation and maintenance (Excel, Access)Knowledge/ability to operate standard office and simulation equipment.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.