University of Idaho
Clinical Faculty - AG Mechanics
College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Commensurate with Experience
The University of Idaho, College of Agricultural & Life Sciences, Soil & Water Systems department, is seeking a non -tenure track, Assistant Professor, Clinical Faculty, for a 9-month academic year teaching appointment.
The incumbent in this position will teach approximately three courses per semester (6-9 credits) in the Agricultural Systems Management degree such as Introduction to Agricultural Systems Management, Tractors, Small Engines, Facilities Management, Welding, Wood and Metal Fabrication. Service duties include the management of laboratory space within the J. Martin Laboratory, coordination of the JML Space Committee, and ordering laboratory and shop supplies. This position would also assist with maintenance of precision agriculture related and other equipment utilized in the ASM teaching program.
The successful candidate is expected to actively participate in the recruitment of students and communication with alumni, which may require occasional travel and attendance at events held on weekends. Additional responsibilities would include coordination of the Idaho FFA Agricultural Mechanics Career Development Event (CDE) each June.The Department of Soil and Water Systems (SWS) is the administrative home for this position, which will teach courses for SWS as well as for the Department of Agricultural Education, Leadership and Communications (AELC). Affiliate faculty status in AELC is expected.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Education, Agricultural Mechanics, Agricultural Systems Management, Agricultural Farm Management, or related field.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with students, peers, and clientele groups.
- Experience working with standard computer applications and/or other educational technology applications.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Successful teaching experience at the secondary or postsecondary level in agricultural mechanical systems.
- Industry experience in agricultural mechanics, agricultural systems management, or an agricultural discipline.
- Physical ability to: bend, stoop and lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds overhead; expected to stand and walk on concrete floors up to eight hours per day. Handle exposure to high speed rotating machinery, as well as welding smoke and fumes.
Physical ability to: bend, stoop and lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds overhead; expected to stand and walk on concrete floors up to eight hours per day. Handle exposure to high speed rotating machinery, as well as welding smoke and fumes.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by July 1, 2023
will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification
addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Robert HeinseSoil and Water Systemsrheinse@uidaho.edu
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency