Post-Award Grants Specialist - 30156 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Pediatrics – Administration Job Title: Post-Award Grants Specialist Position #: 00810156 – Requisition #: 30156 Job Summary:
This position creates an opportunity to join an existing team of post award grant specialists in a wonderful remote team environment. You can work with cutting edge pediatric faculty in their fields by supporting their research through various post award functions. The position supports the Associate Grant Program Director, Principal Investigators, as well as various other members in department leadership. Key Responsibilities:
Why Join Us:
- Review notice of grant award with Principal Investigator to make note of any special restrictions.
- Work with Principal Investigator to re-budget if sponsor notice of award is less than initially requested.
- Establish subcontracts as per notice of grant awards with participating institutions.
- Facilitate the submission and payment of invoices in a timely manner.
- Work directly with subcontractor, Principal Investigator and Post-Award Office to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Notify Principal Investigator of any contractual issues and/or potential problems.
- Work with Principal Investigator proactively to establish correct funding and effort of personnel for each sponsored project.
- Review funding distribution monthly to ensure there are no gaps in funding, while minimizing the need for retro payroll expense transfers (PET's).
- Make all necessary funding changes each month per payroll deadlines.
- Prepare retroactive payroll expense transfers as per institutional policy and Principal Investigator direction.
- Assist with any necessary corrections required for ePER's (effort reporting certifications).
- Contact sponsors regarding re-budgeting requests, carry-forward requests, etc.
- Work with the Office of Grants and Contracts regarding late payments and/or late invoicing.
- Work with Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) to coordinate invoicing and cash management for clinical trials.
- Prepare and reconcile Federal Financial Reports and Final Expenditure Reports before submission to the Office of Grants and Contracts for submission to sponsor.
- Manage 30, 60, 90-day report to ensure all outstanding items are addressed prior to budget/project end date.
- Meet with section Principal Investigators monthly.
- Prepare projection reports, inclusive of a review of revenue, expenditures, available balances, and encumbrances.
- Develop reconciliation process and communicate to Principal Investigators.
- Reconcile direct and indirect expenses for projects to ensure all appropriate expenses have been posted to project speed type before close out process.
- Review and reconcile all invoices have been billed and payments have been received.
- Ensure all subcontract invoices have been received and paid, if applicable.
- Present quarterly reports to Section Heads providing an overview of budget and cash balances for all active and inactive grants/contracts with outstanding issues needing resolution, as well as all proposals submitted over the last twelve months with updated status.
The Department of Pediatric Post Award Team is a supportive and knowledgeable group working with various sections within the pediatric department. The exposure to the various types of grants and contracts, the training provided, as well as the team's overall commitment to continuing education is unmatched.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Conditions of Employment:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business-related major.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in preparing detailed budgets, expense reports and financial projections.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Five (5) or more years of advanced or expert level experience with post-award grants and contracts management.
- One to two (1-2) years' experience in preparing contracts, subcontracts, project agreements, and/or memorandums of understanding.
- Experience using integrated accounting, purchasing and payroll systems.
- Experience in interpreting and applying policies from multiple levels of authority (federal, state, and institutional) and serving as a resource for others.
- Experience in leading meetings, presenting financial reports and/or making presentations to management.
- Experience working in an academic environment or medical center.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft (HCM/Finance).
- Experience using spreadsheets (Excel), email (Outlook) and calendar software.
How to Apply:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse community and employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management, independent thought, problem solving, and communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage priorities and be proactive in resolving issues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of tact and diplomacy.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Jeanette Leeser, Jeanette.Leeser@cuanschutz.edu Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on immediately and continues until position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as $65,037 to $82,727.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Anschutz: https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4245439&targetURL=The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
- Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Research Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20269 - SOM-PEDS GENERAL OPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 18, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Jeanette Leeser Posting Contact Email: Jeanette.Leeser@cuanschutz.edu
Position Number: 00810156
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency