Clinical Services Representative II Student Health Care Center (CHFM) (527187)
Veteran's Preference Eligible, Health Care Administration/Support
35010204 - SH-INSURANCE OFFICE
Clin Svc Representative II
The Student Health Care Center (SHCC) at The University of Florida within the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine (CHFM) is seeking a highly dedicated and customer-oriented individual to join our team as a Clinical Services Representative II. Your main responsibility will be to deliver excellent patient-centered service by facilitating established financial processes that enable and expedite the billing and collection of professional services. This includes entering charges, applying coding/billing rules, maximizing collections, verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations for services, reviewing patient account details, and providing financial counseling. Additionally, you will answer phones, disseminate agency information, and direct calls to appropriate individuals, while working with a diverse population of students, medical providers, and other individuals to help them access healthcare services. You will also utilize current financial processes to assist patients with account questions, ensure correct insurance coverage and billing, maintain accreditation standards, protect patient confidentiality, interface with multiple University of Florida (UF) departments for student clearance, and collaborate with secretarial and nursing staff in clinic functions. EHR Support:
- Review and update patient account detail
- Enter and verify insurance information
- Obtain consent forms and necessary documentation
- Verify student status and select appropriate guarantor for appointments
- Ensure proper scanning and organization of paper documents in patient EHR
- Facilitate established financial processes for billing and collection
- Enter charges and apply coding/billing rules
- Maximize collections and verify insurance coverage
- Obtain authorizations for services
- Review patient account details and provide financial counseling
- Process incoming mail
- Coordinate office supply orders
- Maintain inventory levels in the clinic
- Manage in-basket pools and resolve front-end edits, rejections, and information requests
- Troubleshoot patient care issues
- Assist with scheduling patients with medical specialists
- Perform additional duties as required to support department mission
If you excel in dynamic and fast-paced environments, thrive on collaborating with diverse individuals, and possess a genuine passion for providing exceptional patient-centered service, then this opportunity is tailor-made for you. Come join our team and together let's make a positive impact on the lives of our patients. Typical schedule:
is Monday through Friday, 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM. 40 hours per week. Hours and days may vary due to the needs of the SHCC. Overtime may be needed based on workload requirements.About Gainesville, Florida:
) is home to Florida's largest and oldest university and serves as one of the state's centers of education, medicine, cultural events and athletics. Gainesville is also the largest city in Alachua County and is the county seat, with approximately 269,000 residents county-wide. The city provides a full range of municipal services, including cultural and nature services and necessary administrative services to support these activities. Additionally, the city owns a regional transit system, a regional airport, and a 72-par championship golf course. Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville's numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban "forest," Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida. It is a hidden gem in North Central Florida that is within a couple hours to major cities such as Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa. We are in a central location to both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, providing easy access within a day's drive to beaches, nature preserves, and water-based activities. We have warm weather much of the year, allowing for outdoor activities almost year-round. Due to the diverse atmosphere generated by The University of Florida and UF Health Shands who are the leading employers in Gainesville, Gainesville is also a wonderful place to raise a family. For more information about Gainesville, FL please go to: The Guide to Greater Gainesville Explore Gainesville in 60 seconds Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At Community Health and Family Medicine and its divisions Everyone belongs, grows, and thrives!
The University of Florida College of Medicine is committed to diversity, inclusion, and health equity through the efforts of actively finding, developing, and including the best talent to support our vision of being “a premier institution focused on promoting health and alleviating human suffering through exceptional education, discovery, innovation and patient-centered health care of the highest quality.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
The salary range is between $18.50 to $19.35 per hour, and is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits:
The University of Florida (UF) offers low-cost State Health plans
, and a number of Dental and Vision plans to fit you and your family's needs. Additionally, UF offers Domestic partner coverage through GatorCare. Optional plans such as life, disability, legal and accident insurance are also available. Build your retirement roadmap with competitive pension plans, investment accounts and a host of voluntary add-ons, such as 457 deferred compensation and 403(b) plans. UF provides a variety of leave programs including vacation, sick leave, 11 paid holidays and family medical leave. Full time TEAMS staff accrue approximately 22 vacation days and 13 sick days annually. Furthermore, there are 4 personal leave days, proportionate to the employee's FTE, which are typically used during the holiday closing period between Christmas day and New Year's Day. UF also provides you the flexibility to deal with life's challenges by offering paid family leave; which is eight full weeks of leave over a 24-month period for those who qualify for FMLA. UF Employees are also eligible for the GatorPerks discount program
, which provides big savings at various business and retailers! Explore UF's plethora of benefit options here: TEAMS Benefits
As a state organization, you might be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. See https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
for more information
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant office experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Ability to adhere to high standards of customer service as the position is extensively telephone and face to face interaction with patients, health care providers, and staff from various SHCC offices.
- Possess excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Must be comfortable discussing personal health information in a confidential, professional manner.
- Business or healthcare-related practice experience.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, problem solve and function in a team environment.
- EPIC system knowledge
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10
- Working knowledge of WayStar and Availity
- Ability to adhere to UF and UF Health policy. Completion of required annual trainings including but not limited to: HIPAA, FERPA, Red Flags, Handling SSN, Billing Compliance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Post offer requirements:
- In order for your application for this position to be considered complete, you must upload a resume, and a cover letter, or letter of interest.
- Position consists of predominantly computer work, ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to transport himself/herself to various training activities and meetings.
- This is a time-limited position. An appointment to a position funded by contract and grant, auxiliaries, or local funds, as appropriate, for a particular project, enterprise, or specified period. Such designation must be made to the position at the time of recruitment. A time-limited position shall have the same rights as a position with a regular appointment modifier, except such position shall not have rights provided for layoff, recall, and notice of non-reappointment.
- This is not a temporary position.
- If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for consideration.
- Overtime compensation as needed based on workload requirements. this can be modified or removed as needed
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
- Health Clearance for patient contact
- Criminal background check
- Education and experience check
Health Assessment Required:
11 Jun 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/527187/clinical-services-representative-ii-student-health-care-center-chfm-527187
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency