Nursing Retention Specialist
Orange - 137
$46,305-$57,881 Annually, Plus Full State Benefits
Full Time or Part Time:
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a Germanna regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking, and many other activities.
Employees at Germanna Community College support the college mission, vision, and values, and are an important part of a community and culture designed to meet the community's diverse and changing educational needs. The Nursing Retention Specialist is responsible for working directly with students and faculty to improve licensure exam success of students in the Nursing Programs at Germanna Community College. The Retention Specialist aids in the support and retention of students. In addition, the position will oversee standardized testing for the health professions programs at the college. This position may work at any Germanna location. All staff also serve as instrumental actors in supporting the college in pursuit and achievement of our college-wide Strategic and Truth and Reconciliation Plans.General Description of Responsibilities:
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
- Conduct orientations, workshops and develop materials focused on student success, including, but not limited to, test-taking and study strategies, time and anxiety management, preparation for state board exams, and learning styles
- Monitor student outcomes, including grades and board pass rates and make recommendations to the faculty team based on trends identified
- Monitor DFWI rates and RSI results in courses and sections to assist faculty in improving instructional strategies
- Coordinate evaluation and remediation of standardized testing (entrance, semester, and exit) for nursing
- Collaborate with student support services through Germanna Cares to properly inform students at available college resources
- Coordinates with vendors (textbook and testing) and testing center to ensure exams are ready for administration. Reports results to the nursing
- Participates in tracking and trending testing data for the purposes of program review and improved outcomes
- Track student encounters and report services offered to faculty team both monthly and annually, as well as surveying students and reporting results related to services offered annually
- Assists students with career ladder options
- Coordinates with the Academic Center for Excellence to improve student retention and completion
- Works with faculty to improve student success strategies
- Track DFWI rates for all students, sections, and faculty
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email email@example.com.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Education, or related field
- Experience coaching, counseling, and advising students and peers
- Demonstrated understanding of working with people of color or low-income individuals
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills as demonstrated by state application, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, cover letter, CVs/Resumes, and interview
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to exemplify the mission, vision, and values of Germanna Community College and the nursing program
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and support of the strategic goals of Germanna Community College
- Knows student retention and completion strategies
- Master’s in Nursing Education, Higher Education, or related field
- Teaching experience in a community college nursing program
- Experience with data analysis
- Professional development experience in assisting faculty to improve retention and completion of their students
- Demonstrates computer skills
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/62161
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency