Social Entrepreneurship Adjunct Pool
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us? Position Summary:
The Department of Social Entrepreneurship
at Rollins College invites interested individuals to apply for adjunct faculty positions in Social Entrepreneurship. The Social Entrepreneurship major is AACSB-accredited and combines business skills; entrepreneurial thinking and action; cutting-edge problem-solving methodologies; and understanding of current economic, political, cultural, and environmental issues. Ideal applicants will have professional experience related to Social Entrepreneurship, be dedicated to innovative teaching and building relationships, and are welcoming to opportunities that will allow them to work with a diverse campus and community.
We are looking for adjuncts to teach a required course in the major and/or a social entrepreneurship-related elective course based on their area of expertise. Recent electives have included topics such as social impact reporting; law & environmental sustainability; sales & negotiation; and digital technology, but there are many possibilities as long as the course is centered around social enterprise examples/context.
This is a continuous recruitment effort to develop an applicant pool that can fill in on an as-needed basis. Applications, letters of interest, and other supporting materials will be reviewed as positions become available. Depending on the course, approximately 18- 22 students are enrolled. It is possible to arrange teaching early in the morning to reduce conflicts with outside work schedules. Social Entrepreneurship courses are not offered in the evening.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise related to Social Entrepreneurship (SE)
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Utilizing project-based, experiential learning techniques
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments
- Grading assignments: papers, quizzes, projects, exams, etc.
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, and assignments
- Collaborating with department colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, FL, a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes, and ranks number one among 121 Southern master's-level universities in the annual rankings of “America's Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu
. Minimum Qualifications and Education:
Instructions to Applicants:
- Ph.D. or Master's related to area of teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding of social entrepreneurship.
- Preferred: Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence in the liberal arts.
- Preferred: Verifiable teaching experience.
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Letter of interest indicating:
- (A) Topic ideas for a Social Entrepreneurship-related elective course (this should be a topic you have expertise in and can develop a course for; it need not be a course on the major map)
- (B) Which Social Entrepreneurship SE-prefix core/required courses you are qualified and interested to teach (click here to see a list of our SE core courses, and click here to see the SE major map).
- Curriculum vita
- Past student evaluations (if possible)
- List of references on application
Questions may be directed to:
Chair of the Department of Social Entrepreneurshiptwarnecke@rollins.edu**Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and are processed upon the receipt of all official documents while the posting is active. Selected applicants will be contacted as positions become available and screenings will continue until positions are filled.** Diversity & Inclusion at Rollins:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities. FLSA Status:
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493511/social-entrepreneurship-adjunct-pool
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency