Responsible for the set-up, operation, and technical support of audio/video equipment for on-campus and off-campus events. Troubleshoot smart classroom technology in a busy, multi-classroom environment, both on the phone and in person. Operate a variety of television equipment, including video cameras, broadcast switchers, graphic generators and non-linear editing systems. Edit and prepare videos for the web and for Learning Management Systems. Provide technical assistance to the Broadcast curriculum faculty.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set-up/breakdown & operation of AV equipment in all Bergen conference centers and events.
- Assists with smart classroom maintenance across all Bergen campuses.
- Troubleshoots technical problems in smart classrooms in person or via phone.
- Ascertains client audio/visual needs pertaining to their media presentations.
- Operates video cameras for studio and remote TV production.
- Edits, duplicates, distributes, uploads video programs.
- Streams content via IP.
- Operates production switchers.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Manager of Media Technologies or other designated management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission. Possesses a strong understanding of the uses of information technology to deliver, monitor and evaluate programs and services for students and the ability to work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College. Strong interpersonal as well as technical skills and must be detail-oriented. Technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software. Exhibits strong skills in:
- Customer and Student Focus
- Building Relationships
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Broadcasting, Engineering Technology, CIS, Computer Science, or related field.
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years' experience in set-up and integration of audio/visual equipment, including sound mixers, wireless microphones and video projectors; the operation of studio/remote video cameras; video editing; hands-on experience with classroom instructional technology. 2 years' experience with network streaming and video compression codecs. Should have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Required to work at Bergen’s Paramus, Hackensack and Lyndhurst locations.
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be licensed to drive in NJ and have own transportation