Financial Aid Counselor 2
* About Us
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today. Location
Augusta University - Our Summerville Campus: 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904 Job Summary
This position determines eligibility for and manages the awarding of student financial aid from federal, state, institutional, and other sources. The responsibilities include assisting students and families with completion of the FAFSA, counseling and advising students and parents on the financial aid programs, reviewing documentation and maintaining accurate records, and ensuring compliance with requisite federal and state laws as well as federal, state, system, and university regulations. Ultimately, this position works to enroll and retain students who would not attend or graduate without financial assistance. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling students and families regarding financial aid eligibility and advising on aid programs, distribution of aid, and renewal requirements. Counsel students on how enrollment affects aid amount awarded and how withdrawing or not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) affects future aid eligibility. Advise students and families regarding non-aid options (i.e. payment plan, etc.) to pay institutional charges by the payment deadline.
- Assist students and families with FAFSA submission and completion, submission of required documentation, and the verification process. Work with students to identify and mitigate circumstances that might hinder their academic progress. Respond to student inquiries and administer student outreach regarding outstanding or incomplete applications for aid. Collaborate with federal, state, and outside agencies to drawdown funds. Also, work with AU departments regarding admission, registration, academic advising, and account payment regarding aid available for students.
- Reconcile data on FAFSA with data on submitted documentation to verify for accuracy and resolve inconsistencies. Review and analyze FAFSA rejections and use problem-solving skills to determine resolutions. Use critical thinking skills to determine if the student has special circumstances warranting revisions to FAFSA data or changes to student dependency status. Revise any inaccurate data and report corrections to the Department of Education. Collect and maintain proper documentation for audits.
- Ensure compliance with voluminous and detailed federal, state, and local statutes and regulations, and often coordinate campuswide compliance. Assist with the interpretation and implementation of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures related to student financial aid programs. Assist with determining eligibility and awarding of state scholarship and grant programs. Utilize accounting skills for invoicing and critical thinking skills to resolve invoicing errors. Assist with file loads and other technical functions, as well as reconciliation and withdrawal calculations when Scholarship Coordinator is unavailable to perform tasks.
- Maintain professional currency through consistent professional development. Assist with planning and implementation of new initiatives. Assist and train other staff and perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and three years of financial aid or related work experience required; Valid driver's license. Preferred Qualifications
Preference given to candidates with experience with Department of Education software (i.e. FAA Access, National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS), COD, Return to Title IV, etc.) and knowledge of federal tax laws FA module of Ellucian Banner and CampusLogic. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as public speaking and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity. Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently. Knowledge of Microsoft Office environments. Willingness to learn Ellucian Banner, CampusLogic, Slate, and other databases/interfaces. Ability to counsel students and provide excellent customer service. Ability to comply with federal and state statutes and regulations regarding eligibility and distribution of student financial aid. Professional judgment and critical thinking skills for interpreting and applying federal and/or state regulations and guidelines governing the awarding of financial aid to students. Knowledge of and ability to comply with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) laws. Ability to prioritize tasks, detail-oriented, and possession of a team work spirit. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, faculty, and other constituents. Willingness to travel to provide training and education. Valid driver's license. Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality. Shift/Salary/Benefits
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday
Pay Grade: 13
Salary Minimum: $16.19 - $20.86
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teacher's Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today! Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage. Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond. Credit Check
This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit, or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. Driver's License Statement
The Human Resources Division will request a driver's history report for the identified top candidate(s) for this position. We will initiate this through our Background Check Vendor; this report will come from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The selected candidate must have a valid driver's license. Other Information
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited. Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. How To Apply
Consider applying with us today! https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/
Seacrh Job ID: 257458Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the universitySelect University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=257458&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency