Dean, Hull College of Business
* Job Summary Job ID: 257418Position: 20010837
Augusta University seeks a visionary, entrepreneurial, and collaborative leader who will play a central role in shaping the success, growth, and future of the Hull College of Business. The dean will lead efforts in promoting excellence in student learning, research/scholarship, teaching, and community engagement; demonstrate an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; attract external resources and fundraise; prioritize enrollment growth and future of the Hull College of Business. The dean will lead efforts in promoting excellence in student learning, research/scholarship, teaching, and community engagement; demonstrate an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; attract external resources and fundraise; prioritize enrollment growth; and support the university's leadership role in regional economic development and entrepreneurship. For more information on the role, please see the full position specification here: https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/19566-augusta-university-dean-of-hull-college-of-business Responsibilities
The Dean of the Hull College of Business will be a visionary and seasoned leader, dedicated to stewarding significant growth in enrollment, curricula, scholarship, and innovation at Hull. The Dean is the chief administrative and academic officer of the Hull College of Business. They are responsible for the teaching, research, and service mission of the college. While overseeing the college's operations, policies and procedures, the Dean will provide strategic direction and set priorities for resource allocation and work to generate new funding to support Hull's future growth. Reporting to the provost, the Dean helps to ensure that Augusta University achieves key objectives of the university's strategic plan. The Dean is the chief advocate for the college, representing the Hull College of Business within the university, the broader community, and with industries in the region and state. The Dean of the Hull College of Business will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Articulate a compelling vision and align the college strategic plan with institutional plans and priorities;
- Represent Hull College and Augusta University in its external relations with alums, donors, business leaders, the community, state, national organizations, and other relevant professional bodies;
- Provide leadership in fundraising, revenue generation, external grant acquisitions, and resource allocation to support the college's aspirations and priorities;
- Commit to the recruitment, retention, and mentoring of faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds;
- Develop and implement entrepreneurial and innovation-related initiatives to foster collaboration, curriculum, and programs with industries and businesses and enhance the reputation of Augusta University as a producer of business leaders in the regional community and beyond;
- Strengthen existing and emphasize interdisciplinary research and scholarship to promote excellence in education and scholarship;
- Develop and implement strategies to create innovative and market-driven academic programs aimed at increasing on-campus and online undergraduate and graduate student enrollment;
- Ensure effective operations of the college advising center to promote student recruitment and retention, as well as career development for alums;
- Prepare and analyze budgets for the college in conjunction with university administrators and Hull faculty leadership;
- Administer and oversee all financial operations of the College to ensure that funding priorities align with near- and long-term strategic objectives;
- Represent the college in its internal relations with administration and with other colleges and units within Augusta University;
- Ensure a highly engaging and rewarding student experience and implement strategies to facilitate student success.
In addition to the above listed expectations, the Dean of the Hull College of Business will be focused on the below opportunities and leadership agenda:
- Effectively lead the college through visionary, strategic, and forward-focused change to strengthen and invigorate the vision for the Hull College of Business.
Working in partnership with faculty, staff, and students, develop a distinct and unifying vision for raising the profile and contribution of the Hull College of Business to Augusta University and the surrounding business community. Hull can leverage Augusta University's Medical College of Georgia, its new College of Public Health, and its growing College of Computer and Cyber Sciences to develop interdisciplinary and innovative curricula and programs that leverage Augusta University's strengths and benefit the surrounding communities and greater Georgia.
- Increase enrollment of exceptional business students.
Building off the university goal of enrolling 16,000 students by 2030, the next dean will oversee an enrollment management strategy to attract an exceptional and diverse student body at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Steward the growth of a robust research enterprise.
Augusta University is one of four recognized public research universities within the University System of Georgia. The next dean of Hull College will encourage and facilitate excellence in research and scholarship, building on the university's upward trajectory of scholarly productivity and extramural funding.
- Generate new resources and steward the college's fiscal health and growth.
The next dean will need to position the school for long-term success by diversifying revenue sources, particularly through increased private philanthropy, corporate, industry, and community partnerships, and foundation support. There will be a need to prioritize funds for endowed professorships to support the future growth of Hull College.
- Foster collaboration and enhance community partnerships.'' Continue to develop strategic external partnerships to enhance the school's impact and presence. With Augusta's goal to achieve the Carnegie community engagement classification by 2026, the Hull College of Business will play a critical role in increasing the University's engagement and impact on its surrounding community.
The ideal candidate will bring a record of distinguished academic leadership, research/scholarship, teaching, and/or strong business leadership experience in corporate and industry. An earned doctoral degree in a related discipline, and relevant academic administrative experience.In addition, the ideal dean candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated leadership experience at a research university or within the business community;
- Experience in developing and implementing a strategic plan that aligns with and contributes to the university's strategic plan;
- Capacity to foster a work environment characterized by academic excellence in teaching, research, and service while promoting faculty engagement with the external community;
- Evidence of a participatory leadership style, a track record of facilitating interdisciplinary and cross-campus collaboration, and an ability to take decisive action when necessary;
- Knowledge of AACSB and all other accrediting standards pertinent to the college and an ability to interpret and implement applicable standards of accrediting bodies;
- Understanding of leading-edge methods and instructional technologies to support teaching and learning, including experience with dynamic and growing online education offerings;
- Demonstrated record of success at attracting and retaining underrepresented faculty, students, and staff, while also displaying strong support for inclusive well-being;
- Demonstrated understanding and track record of fundraising and engagement with businesses and industries;
- Ability to manage financial, capital, and human resources and to make strategic budgetary and operational decisions;
- Experience in implementing strategies to expand partnerships with businesses and other organizations to create opportunities for experiential learning;
- Record of promoting student success through active recruitment, retention, and graduation;
- Desire and capacity to manage change and a high tolerance for ambiguity;
- A vigorous work ethic, sound judgment, and unimpeachable integrity; and
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and political adeptness to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and campus administration. Preferred Qualifications
A record of scholarly achievement commensurate with appointment at the rank of Professor at Augusta University is preferred.Shift/Salary/Benefits
This position is fiscal year based and works year-round.
The intended work commitment or full-time equivalent (FTE) for this position is 1.0 and considered full-time.Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation leave, sick leave, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more!
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program.
Rank and salary are determined at the time of hire and are based on a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, education, credentials, specialty, training, etc. while also considering internal equity and market data.
Advancement through the faculty ranks at Augusta University is only through the annual Promotion and Tenure process in which faculty may apply if eligible (typically five-year increments). For more information on ranks, please review the Augusta University Promotion and Tenure Guidelines: https://www.augusta.edu/hr/faculty-support-ser/procedures/augusta_university_promotion_tenure_guidelines_feb_2020.pdfCollege/Department Information
Established in 1971, the James M. Hull College of Business
, accredited by AACSB, prepares students for successful careers in business through distinctive academic programs and experiential learning. Hull's programs provide hands-on experiences with the business community and other experiential learning opportunities, providing a competitive advantage to its graduates.Mission: The mission of the Hull College of Business is to deliver high-quality programs of instruction, to engage primarily in applied research, and to address workforce development needs. We impact our regional community through interdisciplinary activities and achieve our mission by developing business professionals through experiential learning, community engagement, and career development activities.Vision: Developing exceptional business professionals through experiential learning and community engagement who make a positive impact on local and global business communities.The Hull College of Business offers courses within the Knox School of Accountancy, Finance and Economics, and Management and Marketing. Hull offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree and a Master of Business Administration degree
. Students pursuing the BBA degree can choose a generalized degree or a concentration in one of several areas: Applied Economic Analysis, Digital Marketing, Financial Services, Healthcare Management, or Accounting, which ensures CPA preparation. Additionally, the college offers a minor in Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics, as well as an undergraduate certificate in Hospitality Administration.The full-time Hull MBA on campus can be completed in one accelerated year or two years. The online and part-time MBA formats allow students to complete their degree two classes at a time while continuing to work full-time. The Hull Online MBA, a consortium member of the Georgia WebMBA, is an online degree program designed for professionals who want to earn their degree without the restrictions of set class times and locations.The Business faculty are devoted to leading research, teaching, and engaging with the community. Hull College benefits from a strong engagement with the community, and students benefit from hands-on experiential learning. The college is advised by a robust Advisory Board
that engages Hull leadership on curricula advice, fundraising, community engagement, and branding. About Us
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.Location
Augusta University -
Our Summerville Campus:
2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage. Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle. For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond. Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. How To Apply
The search committee will begin receiving applications immediately and reviewing materials on an ongoing basis over the Summer of 2023. The requested application materials include a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and a list of five professional references. For best consideration, please submit materials as soon as possible; the recruiting window will close over the Summer of 2023. Please send materials to: AugustaBusinessDean@storbecksearch.com Other Information
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=257418&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency