A training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Perform a variety of experimental studies including animal behavior, cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to performing animal surgery, microinjection, behavioral testing, genotyping, western blot, real-time PCR, immunohistochemistry and various microscopy and imaging techniques. Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technical aspects of research activities.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; Instruct others in the operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/database or willingness to learn Shift/Salary/Benefits
Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Salary: $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until Filled Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond. Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Department Information
Our faculty study a variety of fundamental questions ranging from neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric disorders, functions of the nervous system and regenerative medicine, using a broad repertoire of experimental approaches. A number of doctoral students of Neuroscience
and Molecular Medicine
PhD Programs are doing their thesis research in the department. The department is also a major contributor to Augusta University's Center for Healthy Aging
, a multidisciplinary consortium whose mission to improve and restore function to injured and degenerating tissues of the human body. The department places a strong emphasis on translational research with collaborations with multiple clinical departments including Neurology , Psychiatry, Orthopaedic Surgery , Neurosurgery
. Other Information
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=224505&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency