Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201 Category:
LeadershipThe Practice Group Leader & Chief Legal Counsel is
responsible for the provision and delivery of legal advice regarding various legal matters of The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation (“JHHS”) and its affiliates. It includes responsibility for the interpretation of laws and regulations specific to assigned area of expertise/practice group and advises executives, senior management and board members on various matters that impact the organization. Serve in a leadership role on health system committees. Work alongside the General Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel to develop and oversee the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategic initiatives and priorities. SUMMARY - Practice Group Leader & Chief Legal Counsel, Technology and Commercial Transactions
The Technology and Commercial Transactions (“T/CT”) Group is responsible for providing strategic advice and counsel on a range of issues related to the acquisition, licensing and implementation of technology at Johns Hopkins and the commercialization of technology developed at Johns Hopkins. Innovation and commercialization is a key initiative and focus of Johns Hopkins and this Group especially in the areas of artificial intelligence and clinical decision support software. Our work also includes drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial transactions, consulting service agreements and clinical arrangements; supporting Supply Chain, managing copyrights, trademarks and trade names, data use and sharing arrangements, telecommunications projects, as well as legal management and oversight of the Health System's participation in the 340B Drug Discount Program. Attorney's in the T/CT group also work regularly with their legal colleagues in HIPAA, Compliance, Risk and Claims in order to address the full scope of issues presented by various transactions and contractual relationships. Finally, T/CT Attorneys may also support various special projects and committees throughout the health system in such areas as branding/use of name, conflict of interest FDA regulations applicable to emerging technologies, and policy standardization. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating complex agreements relating to the acquisition, licensing and implementation of technology including SaaS and IaaS.
- Supporting key technology commercialization initiatives including outbound licensing arrangements.
- Providing legal support to Supply Chain including oversight of contract managers, creating templates, training and education, and assisting with drafting and negotiating of more complex transactions.
- Oversight of copyright, trademark and intellectual property matters.
- Developing creative, practical, and accurate solutions to potential legal and contractual/negotiation issues and applying legal principles and corporate policies to facts.
- Recognizing and advising clients on the interaction of contractual relationships with regulatory and licensure requirements, as well as Anti-Kickback and other legal concerns.
- Participating in the business planning process with clients.
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of drafting and negotiating contracts, technology licensing, corporate and commercial law, corporate organization, and health care and hospital law as applicable to the job duties.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local statutes and regulations which affect corporate operations, data privacy, and the provision of health care services as applicable to the job description is also required.
- Individual attorneys may also have or develop expertise or knowledge of specialized programs or areas of the law, such as the 340B drug program, copyright, trademark and intellectual property law, Joint Commission accreditation standards and FDA regulations governing clinical decision support software and other emerging technologies.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/chief-legal-counsel-and-practice-group-leader-technology-and-commercial-transactions-leadership-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-624472-ff758/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency